PDA

View Full Version : Pistol spare parts kit

Nugentforoffice
07-31-10, 22:32
I am curious about putting together a spare parts kit for pistols. I have an HK USP .45 Full Size. I bought it new about 8 years ago. I have approx. 600 rounds through it. It is very well maintained. I guess what I am wondering is if there are any recommended parts that should be replaced on this gun. Either way I am gonna put a spare parts kit together for this and am just looking for ideas and places for good deals. Thanks

skyugo
07-31-10, 23:24
at 600 rounds you're probably good to go for awhile.

a spare recoil assembly is a good idea.. those get replaced every 5k or so on most pistols.

with glock i just took a look at the diagram and ordered all the springs, and all the little pins and things i thought could potentially be lost. I'm not sure what parts HK sells direct and what they cost. :confused:

JohnN
07-31-10, 23:57
I would suspect that at 600 rounds every 8 years you won't run into any maintenance issues for a good while.

Mjolnir
08-01-10, 08:14
The usual "suspects" would be:

(1) Firing Pin Ass'y
(2) Extractor Ass'y
(3) Recoil & Main springs
(4) Trigger Return Spring
(5) Firing Pin Block spring
(6) MAYBE Mag Release Ass'y

At the rate you're using it (and with the price of .45 ACP it probably won't change much... :shout: ) you're not likely to experience much failures.

Nugentforoffice
08-01-10, 10:05
The round count is approx. but probably close. My reasoning isn't because I'm worried about the pistol at this point...I am trying to be prepared on all essential items...in case I someday need these parts in a pinch and they for whatever reason are not available. Thanks for info

skyugo
08-01-10, 10:58
where's a good place to get HK spares?

Mjolnir
08-01-10, 11:09
where's a good place to get HK spares?
Cal's Sporting Armory, HK, HK Parts and a few others. You could ask that question at HKPro.com and get a quick response I'd imagine.

skyugo
08-01-10, 11:32
HKparts.net has a nice selection..

to the original poster-you're in for an expensive day :o 9 dollar extractor springs. ouch.

have you considered picking up a spare pistol? i occasionally see police trade in USP's for ~625 bucks. looks to me like you could easily have 300 dollars in parts to get all the little stuff inside a USP.

Nugentforoffice
08-01-10, 12:32
HKparts.net has a nice selection..

to the original poster-you're in for an expensive day :o 9 dollar extractor springs. ouch.

have you considered picking up a spare pistol? i occasionally see police trade in USP's for ~625 bucks. looks to me like you could easily have 300 dollars in parts to get all the little stuff inside a USP.

I haven't really thought about a spare HK of the same model but if the cost are too great it may be the thing to do. I've decided that this model is the one and only secondary for me.

skyugo
08-01-10, 12:39
I haven't really thought about a spare HK of the same model but if the cost are too great it may be the thing to do. I've decided that this model is the one and only secondary for me.

the USP 45 is a great pistol. having a backup of your favorite sidearm is never a bad idea.

loupav
08-01-10, 14:18
I'm pretty sure you'll never have an issue with your USP. With that being said, I have two of my favorite side arms in every flavor just in case....

I'm a fan of the rule of two.