PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700 police in .338 Lapua Mag??

BLACK LION
08-02-10, 14:55
I recently ran across one of these in the local shop and was fairly impressed.
I had previously looked into the AR30 and liked the light weight and portability but my FFL said they are hard for him to get and the ones already on the shelf are a little overpriced.

The 700 was impressive and extremely portable... I was suprised at how light it was even with a fairly large scope mounted.
I have seen a few around but the price points are a little overboard...
To my suprise my FFL gave me a print out on one with a price of 1140.00...!!!

I was told elsewhere that I would be stupid not to jump on this...

What are y'alls opinions on these???

Gutshot John
08-02-10, 15:43
Caveat: I'm not speaking first-hand, I just seem to recall reading somewhere so confirm through your own research before making a decision.

I think some of the early production model barrels had some issues though I can't recall what they were.

Supposedly the newer generation ones are gtg.

Otherwise I am very interested in this rifle. Savage also has a .338LM that you might want to check out.

Watrdawg
08-02-10, 15:51
I just read an article in Special Weapons about CZ's new .338LM. CZ makes a great rifle that unfortunately doesn't get the acclaim they deserve.

BLACK LION
08-02-10, 15:56
Caveat: I'm not speaking first-hand, I just seem to recall reading somewhere so confirm through your own research before making a decision.

I think some of the early production model barrels had some issues though I can't recall what they were.

Supposedly the newer generation ones are gtg.

Otherwise I am very interested in this rifle. Savage also has a .338LM that you might want to check out.

Actually, I did read about this on Snipers Hide and though other google fu resources...
It is my understanding that this has been fixed since the propblem surfaced in 08(or something like that)...

I am not speaking from first hand experience either so this thread should do the job of getting all the dirty laundry in the open and getting it washed...

I did look into the Savage rig and although it is a bit more decked out than the Remington 700 its a bit heavier and more expensive(about 700.00 more).
The 700 can still be shouldered and presented with 1 arm (even though I probably would never attempt to take a 1 armed shot with it I like its weightl).

Thanks...GSJ

I also looked into the CZ but they are 2x the price of the Savage...