PDA

View Full Version : retina surgery??????????

jaegermeister269
08-02-10, 21:02
So somehow I had a retina detach in my right eye..... luckily I went to the Doc right away and had surgery 2 days later... it's been about a month and my vision is returning (thank God)...

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and how long they waited to start shooting again......the last thing i want to due is stress the eye and have to go through this again.....

thanks in advance

WEC
08-02-10, 21:46
As far as standard shooting goes, it should not put any undue stress on your eye unless you're lifting heavy objects (over 30 lbs) or other valsalva-type maneuvers like repeated coughing, sneezing or vomiting. If you're worried about straining your eye if you're squinting, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

A detached retina could be due to blunt trauma, a disease process or could just happen spontaneously due to genetics. Sounds to me that yours was spontaneous and thus is a product of your genes/eye and not necessarily what you do.

Of course, follow the advice of your eye doctor. FWIW, I am an eye doctor as well. I'm glad your vision is recovering - the quick response was a key.