PDA

View Full Version : The award for dumbest pistol of the week....

Dave_M
08-02-10, 23:52
Goes to some ****in' moron on the High-Point forums:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DavePAL84/random/4844596019_c27b39f57e_b.jpg

SteyrAUG
08-03-10, 00:05
I know almost nothing about Hi Points.

What am I looking at? Besides a crappy pistol.

99HMC4
08-03-10, 00:35
And to think I wasted all that money on my P30, I could have had this! :jester:

Rated21R
08-03-10, 00:55
That's it, I'm selling my 2 M&Ps and getting one of those.

:lol:

Avenger29
08-03-10, 00:58
Hey man, ya'll don't get it! Not only did he save a bunch of money by buying the finest of value arms- a Hi Point...but he saved on some serious gunsmithing fees by being able to cut his mount into the slide with a nail file...and it cowitnesses!

:lol:

kwelz
08-03-10, 02:15
Please give us a link to the thread. I must read about this monstrosity and the idiots who like it.

BrianS
08-03-10, 02:24
LOL did he have the slide machined or something for that RDS or are they made like that?

:D

Iraqgunz
08-03-10, 05:00
I don't know why you "elitists" are making fun of this weapon. It looks perfectly functional and will probably give any Glock a run for its' money. :ph34r:

Army Chief
08-03-10, 05:06
... to say nothing of the fact that, with the addition of the sight, the owner effectively tripled the value of the pistol. That's a sound economic investment in my book.

Group buy? :rolleyes:

AC

RWK
08-03-10, 07:00
There's a forum for Hi-Points?!

vaglocker
08-03-10, 07:02

Yea, it and the Oly forum get a lot of cross posts.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 07:21
Please give us a link to the thread. I must read about this monstrosity and the idiots who like it.

Yeh would love to read this as well. Maybe this is the same guy in my sig line. :confused:

ST911
08-03-10, 09:26
I don't know why you "elitists" are making fun of this weapon. It looks perfectly functional and will probably give any Glock a run for its' money. :ph34r:

Yeah.

I hear the fit and finish is excellent.

Not a failure in 100 rounds, too!

GermanSynergy
08-03-10, 09:55
Yeah.

I hear the fit and finish is excellent.

Not a failure in 100 rounds, too!

:laugh: Priceless

William B.
08-03-10, 10:05
That forum is overflowing with golden nuggets of wisdom. I went there once to see what those people could possibly have to talk about and it was like a train wreck. I couldn't stop reading it for about 2hrs.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 11:05
Why do I find it funny that there is an 'Ugly gun' thread on that forum? Maybe more ironic than funny.

Dave_M
08-03-10, 11:27

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,33318.0.html

I live to serve :D

tampam4
08-03-10, 12:43
Good God....I am SO glad that M4C was the first online gun forum I visited. Back then I knew jack about firearms, and had I gone to HiPoint I wouldn't have thought what these folks are doing/saying is silly....It's funny to read the stuff there, but sad as well, because people new to firearms might stumble upon it and take everything as holy word.

Since this is a humor thread, this is one gem I found.

"Is this a suitable home defense gun"?:shout:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii264/jerrittcat/Saiga/IMG_7519.jpg

orionz06
08-03-10, 12:59
... to say nothing of the fact that, with the addition of the sight, the owner effectively tripled the value of the pistol. That's a sound economic investment in my book.

Group buy? :rolleyes:

AC

I would agree, only if the sight were removable.

Dave_M
08-03-10, 14:22
Good God....I am SO glad that M4C was the first online gun forum I visited. Back then I knew jack about firearms, and had I gone to HiPoint I wouldn't have thought what these folks are doing/saying is silly....It's funny to read the stuff there, but sad as well, because people new to firearms might stumble upon it and take everything as holy word.

Since this is a humor thread, this is one gem I found.

One could do far worse than a semi-auto shotgun (even a Tapco-****ed Saiga) for home defense.

Spiffums
08-03-10, 14:25
Drink the Hateraid and hate............ Why must you hate on All Steel American Made guns........... are you all Commies or something???

They even had an article about a Hi Point in Solider of Fortune. :ph34r:

tampam4
08-03-10, 15:20
One could do far worse than a semi-auto shotgun (even a Tapco-****ed Saiga) for home defense.

Oh yes indeed. I'm sure the owner has a Taurus Judge tucked underneath his pillow:p

ralph
08-03-10, 15:45
Is that thing even safe to shoot? looks like he took off alot of material on the slide....

RogerinTPA
08-03-10, 15:59
Wow...it's definitely a ball scratching read.:rolleyes: That thread should be renamed "asinine POS modifications".

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-03-10, 17:10

That is going to lay waste to the whole trailer park.

William B.
08-03-10, 17:18
Deleted

jklaughrey
08-03-10, 18:19
Wow a gangsta special! Although if it came down to rocks or a Hi-point, Raven, Lorcin, etc.. (insert favorite cheap firearm), I would take the cheap firearm over rocks.

Ed L.
08-03-10, 18:41
Highpoint attracts a special kind of stupid.

tampam4
08-03-10, 19:15
custom Hi-point AK47 weedwacker :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-Q-PkeO94&feature=related

Gramps
08-03-10, 19:55
Wow a gangsta special! Although if it came down to rocks or a Hi-point, Raven, Lorcin, etc.. (insert favorite cheap firearm), I would take the cheap firearm over rocks.

I'm not so sure! I think I might lean towards rocks, or throwing the "Cheap Ass Gun" at them instead for reliability!

Avenger29
08-03-10, 20:13

My sheltered friend, there is a forum for Hi Points. There is also a forum for guns such as Lorcin, Raven, Bryco, etc.

M4C, WeaponEvolution, and Lightfigher are some of the few forums I can read without going :fie:

Rated21R
08-03-10, 20:33
This thread has brightened my day. :dance3:

kaiservontexas
08-03-10, 20:45
rocks or cheaply made inexpensive handgun . . . hmmmm at that point it is long bow and axe time.

m4fun
08-03-10, 21:16
You guys cant be dissing the Saiga!

Ask this of yourself: What if zombies happen?

jklaughrey
08-03-10, 21:51
Well in that case instead of rocks or the POS, I'll just throw my Blackberry...Thin, edged, insured!

jaxman7
08-03-10, 21:54
ColdDead you just made my stomach hurt laughing with that post!

That is going to lay waste to the whole trailer park.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 22:11
Now THIS is the best looking Hi-Point I've ever seen!

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMGA02651.jpg

Oh and this is one of the replies concerning this picture, classic:

"That is only the 2nd picture of a Hi-point I've seen that has kaboomed.......

And I agree, it looks like it was sawn in half. It wouldn't surprise me if someone did this just to prove hi-points are "cheap" weapons with all the hate they receive all around."

warpigM-4
08-03-10, 23:11
I threw up in my mouth a little:bad:

Ed L.
08-04-10, 00:12
Is that a Hipoint or a Loricin?

Now THIS is the best looking Hi-Point I've ever seen!

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMGA02651.jpg

SteyrAUG
08-04-10, 00:21
Is that a Hipoint or a Loricin?

Hi Point.

I think you could have some serious fun with that forum.

Topics might be:

What is a good starter gun for those who can't afford a Hi Point?

Slingshot for CCW?

Who is sick of Glock snobs and their expensive Euro handguns?

How come Hi Point doesn't make a BB gun?

Icculus
08-04-10, 13:35
Here's what blows my mind about that thread more than anything. Guy apparently has the money for a FNP-45, tax stamp, and a .45 suppressor. Why the hell is he screwing around with HiPoints:blink:

orionz06
08-04-10, 13:38
Here's what blows my mind about that thread more than anything. Guy apparently has the money for a FNP-45, tax stamp, and a .45 suppressor. Why the hell is he screwing around with HiPoints:blink:

How else can you get a red dot on a defensive caliber semi auto and only pay $400? What I wonder is how the removal of material changes the reliability (relative of course) of the HP.

Gramps
08-04-10, 14:19

Could be he is there just to screw with sheople.

Cincinnatus
08-05-10, 15:23
:haha:
Hi Point.

I think you could have some serious fun with that forum.

Topics might be:

What is a good starter gun for those who can't afford a Hi Point?

Slingshot for CCW?

Who is sick of Glock snobs and their expensive Euro handguns?

How come Hi Point doesn't make a BB gun?
Hillarious!
:haha:

Cincinnatus
08-05-10, 15:23
There's people on that forum with over 1,000 posts. Talk about no life, right? Dedicated to shit.

thopkins22
08-05-10, 15:37
Honestly, I'll give them credit. By and large the threads I browsed through there after reading this thread are full of people that recognize it's a total POS, but a total POS that's available for less than $200.

A thread where a guy asks if he should buy a used Glock 22 or a HP-something. Almost unanimous in their recommendation of the Glock.
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,33446.0.html

Then again there are threads where it's deemed perfectly acceptable to have to tweak the feed lips of brand new magazines and similar silliness.

William B.
08-05-10, 16:33
Hey guys,

Long-time lurker here; I've been following these forums for awhile. Let me start off with saying I LOVE hi-points! They're the pinnacle of practical engineering and customer service combined. The downside is that I can't bring myself to drop the cash on a hi-point just yet (it's a BIG investment for me), so the next question is: what's a good starter gun? I need a good starter gun that's dirt cheap that I can learn on without worrying about breaking or wearing out. Once I get a promotion at work, I might be able to afford a hi point. So, with that, what's the cheapest gun I can buy and make do with for now?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, AUG...:sarcastic:
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,33493.0.html

Cincinnatus
08-05-10, 17:26

One of the replies to what you posted: "It sounds like you have your heart set on a Hi-Point though so you just may want to be patient and save for awhile. You won't regret holding out for what you really want." :lol:

Yojimbo
08-05-10, 17:28
Settle down, not everyone needs a pistol that works all the time...;)

Skyyr
08-05-10, 17:48

Wow...

rickrock305
08-05-10, 19:57
at least someone over there has a sense of humor...

If you dont have $100 to spendeither save up untill you can afford a used one or i say go buy a nerf gun! the are pretty accurate and very safe!

Ed L.
08-05-10, 21:11
Highpoints should come with a complimentary bottle of Thunderbird wine.

mr_smiles
08-05-10, 21:27
Straight off of the link posted above.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4855382950_0f31800d39_m.jpg

sagebrush
08-05-10, 21:48
or should a shiny new Hipoint come with every bottle of Thunderbird?

at any rate, I've always been horrified by the Chinese 77B pistol concept. Here is this object d'art prior to cocking:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2mg5ppe.jpg

and then at cocking. or accidentally firing perhaps?

http://i34.tinypic.com/1z2oj6f.jpg

John_Wayne777
08-05-10, 23:13
Sometimes there are reasons why some things have never been done before.

sagebrush
08-05-10, 23:16
indeed. like anchovy-stuffed marshmallows

jklaughrey
08-05-10, 23:20
Hell I thought it came with Steel Reserve...MMM love that malty taste when I gotta bust a cap!

Gramps
08-06-10, 08:27
Sometimes there are reasons why some things have never been done before.

At times I think it is only because someone ignorant enough hasn't come along yet and thought of it.

SteyrAUG
08-06-10, 13:38
Honestly, I'll give them credit. By and large the threads I browsed through there after reading this thread are full of people that recognize it's a total POS, but a total POS that's available for less than $200.

A thread where a guy asks if he should buy a used Glock 22 or a HP-something. Almost unanimous in their recommendation of the Glock.
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,33446.0.html

Then again there are threads where it's deemed perfectly acceptable to have to tweak the feed lips of brand new magazines and similar silliness.

I had initially formed a similar opinion until I actually started posting there. Then my honest criticisms were deemed as "bashing/trolling" and a moderator came by to explain how his Hi Point could easily win the National Match pistol competition and put me on notice.

I'm sure they get trolled constantly and all, but some of those guys actually do think their Hi Point is just as good as any other handgun.

jklaughrey
08-06-10, 13:42
Well I guess look at it this way Gents, lower end firearms usually attract a certain element of society(criminals). So if we know those that want to rob or steal from us use sub standard equipment, let them. They will be the ones in a rubber sack after the shooting is done. They can be buried along side that paper weight they call a firearm!

Skyyr
08-06-10, 13:48

Check out the bottom of page 2 ROFLMAO

kwelz
08-06-10, 14:25
Haha. Nice.
Just what we need. A Forum War. I guess if it turns into a shooting match we have the upper hand since our guns actually work. :D

jklaughrey
08-06-10, 14:29
LOL, more like a policing action!

jklaughrey
08-06-10, 14:42
I just have to say after reading the Hi Point forum and varied posts, I am feeling empathy for these "geniuses" and some of their "mods". I pray that:

1 No one else gets injured
2 They have insurance
3 Hi Point has a clause concerning any use or mod not intended for its original purpose.
4 I never meet a Hi Point fan boy in person, or I will be forced to pistol whip them.

It's certainly true when Ron White says "You can't fix stupid"!

Dave_M
08-06-10, 15:12
Just reading over some of the threads on that forum. Holy cow!

For whatever reason, Hi-Point owners defend their pistols like they are puppies with AIDS. They are cheap-ass pot metal pistols yet far too many of them lie to themselves that their pistols are, "just as good". Once they get into the echo-chamber that is the Hi-Point forum, their beliefs are just reaffirmed.

It's always sad (and humorous) when someone buys something for one feature alone (price point) then talks it up until they believe their own bullshit.

Owning cheap crap is fine if you acknowledge that it's cheap crap but don't try and convince me your Trabant is a BMW.

Heck, to the guys over there, who likely shoot maybe a box of ammunition annually, it's probably fine.

SteyrAUG
08-06-10, 17:21
It was going ok for awhile with most guys understanding what they own with a "some gun is better than no gun" philosophy.

Then suddenly, somebody broke out the KOOL AID.

:sarcastic:

jklaughrey
08-06-10, 17:26
Just received this PM from a "new" m4c member with 0 posts. He is a hi point fan boy.

AlphaDawg Online

HiPoint
Yo, jackass, I own a hipoint. It's what I can afford. Like I said on the HiPoint forums, I bought what I can afford, until i can get something better.

As for this;

4 I never meet a Hi Point fan boy in person, or I will be forced to pistol whip them.

You run your ****ing mouth cause you feel anonymous on the internet.

You want my address? Only reason you'd try and pistol whip me is 'cause you are too stupid to keep your weapons functioning, so you feel the need to compensate for that and a little dick by spending $1000's of dollars on your weapons and denigrating those of us who can't. Oops, do you need a link to the definition of that word, ****tard? Come try to pistol whip me bitch.

Your response will probably be to ban me from this snobbish elitist forum. Whatever. Don't do me no ****ing favors.
Forward Message

John_Wayne777
08-06-10, 17:37
Gents --

There is no shortage of nonsense out on the web, especially when forums are involved.

M4Carbine.net has absolutely nothing to gain by being involved in board wars with anyone else, especially not the hi-point forum. If there are individuals who wish to believe that their $150 dollar handgun is "just as good" as anything else on the market and they decide to set up their own little groupthink circle to talk to each other about what smart shoppers they are for buying a pistol that costs less than an hour with a decent hooker, so be it.

It's not our problem.

In the grand scheme of things, board wars are extremely silly and run counter to the goals we have for M4Carbine.net. With that in mind, I'm closing this thread.

One last thing:

I notice that there is a member on that forum who registered as "M4Csucks" that claims to be a member here. Consider this fair warning --- when I find out what your account is here I will ban you. That goes for anyone else from the hi-point forums who decides to sign up here to cause trouble. This is precisely why we discourage board wars, because our volunteer moderators and staffers have better things to do than try and ride herd over a group of insulted idiots who want to troll our board.