PDA

View Full Version : Baron of Fremont can compel you to do as he wishes

Business_Casual
08-03-10, 06:37
"Pete" Stark thinks he is part of an aristocracy now:

http://www.breitbart.tv/congressman-at-town-hall-the-federal-government-can-do-most-anything-in-this-country/

Anyone know if he has a challenger in the next election?

B_C

John_Wayne777
08-03-10, 07:10
Actually I find his honesty somewhat refreshing. I hear a lot of nonsense about how both parties are the same...but that ignores the very real truth that one party tends to appoint judges who actually believe that the Constitution places meaningful limits on federal power. The other appoints judges that see federal power as limitless.

On that basis alone it's a damn big difference.

GermanSynergy
08-03-10, 14:14
What I've noticed about the Democrats is that now they don't even need to pretend about keeping up the appearance of being honest, caring about the military, our nation, respecting the Constitution, etc.

To use the American Psycho analogy, their "mask of sanity" has slipped, and people see what they really are.....

Spiffums
08-03-10, 14:29
If they had term limits like 6 years only, then you could send a good honest man to Congress and get the same back.

I always question why a good honest , GOD fearing if you believe that way, man or woman would actually want to into politics. They have to know the bad will corrupt them.

Left Sig
08-03-10, 20:26
If they had term limits like 6 years only, then you could send a good honest man to Congress and get the same back.

I always question why a good honest , GOD fearing if you believe that way, man or woman would actually want to into politics. They have to know the bad will corrupt them.

Because many people drawn to politics aren't good and honest. Politicians tend to be people who manipulate others for their own benefit, and believe the rules they set for others don't apply to them. I've seen this in government politicians, corporate politicians, union politicians, and even "volunteer politicians".

My wife works for the national office of a non-profit comprised of volunteer chapters in many major cities. She has to deal with political types all the time after they get elected to run the chapters and then decide the rules don't apply to them.

Whether using fundraising dollars for purposes not permitted by organizational policy and tax codes, or going their own way with vendors of their choice in violation of exclusive contracts made at the national level, or using chapter affinity and resources to further their private business interests, she's seen a lot.

And when she tells them they can't do that because it's a violation of policy, tax regulation, or what have you, and stands her ground they try to go around her to the CEO to get what they want.

Not all are like this, but more than enough are.

kaiservontexas
08-03-10, 20:50
I honestly think society is just, well, that corrupt.

I agree about manipulative control freak types seeking out their environment to exploit.