PDA

View Full Version : Pan American Shotgun Championship, video

Cold
08-03-10, 12:33
Here is some video of the Pan American Shotgun Championship, I was lucky enough to be selected to shoot on the US National Team in Standard Manual division.

I want to thank a few people individually.

Patrick E. Kelley: I had met him only briefly at FN's 3 Gun back in May but was lucky enough to have been squaded with him for this event. Patrick provided some great insight on stage breakdown and encouragement when I had to reshoot a stage I shot well and was unsure if I could repeat. While I only spent 4 days with him, I truly consider him a friend. I hope to see him again soon and wish him the best of luck at RM3G.

Trapr Swonson: As with Patrick, Trapr provided great insight into stage breakdown but also as the most experienced IPSC shotgunner out of the Americans on our squad, Trapr reminded me that this match was essentially a marathon, not a race, and therefore one or two lackluster stages would not ruin a match. Like Patrick, I truly consider him a friend and someone I can ask for help anytime. Thanks Trapr and good luck at RM3G and hope to see you again soon.

Paolo Zambai, Roberto Vezzoli, Marco Fuin and Giorgio Longhi, it was awesome shooting with you. I hope to see you all again someday and compete with you again at an IPSC shotgun event. It was a pleasure meeting you guys. The Italians know how to run a shotgun!

Jesse Tischauser and Steve Dennis, great shooting with you both, I am sure I will see you guys again soon.

Joe Satterfield, I shoot with you often, but this was one of the better matches I have ever seen you shoot. Great job, what more can I say?

With that said, here is my short youtube video of the event, many thanks to Jesse Tischauser for taking over camera duties while I was shooting. As with most of my videos, this is more of a highlight video than it is a stage by stage match video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXgbXeEzIgY

crossgun
08-03-10, 15:55
Cold

Congrats and great job! You sure can stroke that pumper. Why a pump gun?

Would you please provide a few details on your smoke pole as well?

bulbvivid
08-03-10, 19:12
Those looked like some great stages. Where did they hold this event? Looked like it would be hell to find the targets against that one rocky backdrop.

That work on the second-to-last stage on the video was freakin' impressive (well, on all of them, but that one was smokin').

Do you start to work the action as soon as the shot breaks, or do you wait for the muzzle to come back down? I just recently started shooting some 3-gun with an 870, and I'm thinking I might have to watch that video over and over and try to learn something.

GaryXD
08-04-10, 19:40
"Where did they hold this event?"

Near Bowling Green, KY.

Cold
08-05-10, 16:45
Cold

Congrats and great job! You sure can stroke that pumper. Why a pump gun?

Would you please provide a few details on your smoke pole as well?

I was shooting in Standard Manual division which is pump guns only.

Gun is a Benelli SuperNova with 24" vent rib barrel, Nordic extension tube and ruger 10/22 rear sight. Briley LM tube.

Cold
08-05-10, 16:46
Those looked like some great stages. Where did they hold this event? Looked like it would be hell to find the targets against that one rocky backdrop.

That work on the second-to-last stage on the video was freakin' impressive (well, on all of them, but that one was smokin').

Do you start to work the action as soon as the shot breaks, or do you wait for the muzzle to come back down? I just recently started shooting some 3-gun with an 870, and I'm thinking I might have to watch that video over and over and try to learn something.

Rock Castle Shooting Center in Park City, KY.

I work the action after the shot breaks, basically once the shot is fired the action unlocks and the slide action starts to come back naturally. A pump gun can be competitive in 3 gun if your familiar with it. I use the SuperNova at local multi guns for fun sometimes.