PDA

View Full Version : LaRue VFZ Vector Force Zero Mounts

Luke_Y
08-03-10, 18:14
LaRue VFZ Vector Force Zero Mounts LINK (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/StoreFront.bok)

I haven't read anything about these here and he doesn't have a manufacturers forum here. (mods if I am missing it lock/move/or merge away ;) )

I hate to link TOS but it appears that is where most of the horses mouth info is...

HERE (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=193060&page=1)

Select quotes from Mark;

A new theory in the concept of clamping accessories to MIL-STD-1913 rails, VFZ applies the KISS principle to our entire line of QD mounts.

The new VFZ will be an option to all LaRue mounts that feature a locking lever, and are the perfect cost-effective solution for those who don’t need ultra-quick-disconnect capability. The VFZ takes less than a minute to install, using a supplied 3/8” wrench. Once installed on the firearm, index marks allow the user to remove the mount, then reattach to the same tension, providing unprecedented return to zero for a non-QD-levered mount. The unique vertical alignment of the clamp allows components that are structurally stronger than traditional cross-bolt designs.

VFZ - Vectored Force Zero - TM

" Why a leverless LaRue mount ? "

"Well, I'll tell ya pilgrim." - John Wayne

1.) For those folks that just refuse to come to grips with the fact that our LaRue lever mounts solved all the past issues widely known to plague lever mounts.

2.) For those folks that don't want levers no matter how good they are.

3.). For those folks still wanting removable repeatability, but don't mind carrying a small tool (3/8" wrench) to do it with.

4.) For those folks that want removable repeatability, but don't care if it takes a little longer than the blink of an eye our LaRue lever takes.

5.) For those folks never faced with removing or replacing their optic under no-light conditions (in the dark)

6.) For those folks just not willing to pay for LaRue lever capability, but still want LaRue quality in a mount, that will still hold an incredible zero.

7.) For those folks that have no intention of ever swapping their optic (but can in a pinch if their scope fogs in Alaska)

M. LaRue

Yes, quite a bit cheaper.

So what do you think?

C45P312
08-03-10, 18:36
My Larue mounts work perfectly, so why change? I mean I wouldn't turn one down if given to me, but I'm not going to replace any of the LT Mounts im currently using.

Victor
08-03-10, 21:45
Luke, you have the greatest sig line ever! Are you kidding me here! :o

...Now back to your regular programing....

SoDak
08-04-10, 00:52
I'm interested in this. I've had troubles justifying a Larue mount for a particular setup of mine, but a cheaper version by them might just be the ticket.

PrivateCitizen
08-04-10, 10:50
This seems like a good thing …

These are the kind of mounts you can look to on a KISS rifle.

Once set, an RDS like a T1 has little need to be changed out. QD makes a lot of sense on a mag optic in order to get to the BUIS, but it seems somewhat frivolous on an SBR.

Byron
08-04-10, 11:18
A cheaper version of a LaRue mount for those who don't need QD capabilities? Definitely appeals to me.

GlockWRX
08-04-10, 11:48
If you click the link for the TOS thread and look at the light mount on the lower pic, you'll see something else interesting.

I can see VFZ mounts being very useful for some applications and users. Some items can stay semi permanently mounted while others need the QD. Great to have options.

Alaskapopo
08-05-10, 00:51
Its not for me as I like QD on all my optic mounts. I see it as a step back not a step forward.
Pat

Byron
08-05-10, 06:28
I see it as a step back not a step forward.
I understand your point, but I don't think that offering the consumer a more diverse product line is a step back. Seems like they want to establish various price points within their line: something that plenty of companies are constantly doing.

The Magpul MOE grip and stock, for example, are lower cost alternatives with fewer features than the MIAD and CTR. People still buy the MIAD/CTR though. Was it a step back for Magpul to offer products in the MOE line?

Unless a company is seriously compromising quality, I think it's always a positive thing to offer the consumer more choices.

mrbieler
08-05-10, 11:54
I have a hard time seeing the option as a step backwards. On some components, I don't want/have QD set ups and having Larue as an option isn't a bad thing.

My red dot mount on my carbine and my fixed rear sight come to mind. Even on a folding rear, QD doesn't strike me as a "must have".

I don't know if a QD on a light mount is really needed either provided the light can be easily removed on it's own.

Just $0.02 from a LSHD user.

ST911
08-05-10, 12:37
Its not for me as I like QD on all my optic mounts. I see it as a step back not a step forward.
Pat

A step backward would be to DC the QD mounts. Additional offerings are simply more options.

Alaskapopo
08-06-10, 23:54
A step backward would be to DC the QD mounts. Additional offerings are simply more options.

You're probably right. For me anyway I just don't have a need for it. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with havine a QD mount that you seldom to never dismount. I agree its Larue quality so it will not be a bad mount and it is more affordable so that is good too. But I will be sticking to their QD mounts. More options is good. My first post was not well enough thought out.
Pat