PDA

View Full Version : Battle Comp 1.0 High Speed Video

87GN
08-03-10, 18:21
Initial comparison, more to follow. Quite impressive.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/08/03/a2-vs-battle-comp-initial-comparison-video/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG4W1t4dZpc

Zeus
08-03-10, 19:28
Am I seeing things, or is the Battlecomp actually recoiling slightly "down" in the video?

mtdawg169
08-03-10, 19:45
I'm loving the high speed vids 87! Keep up the good work.

Th3Revreant
08-03-10, 19:48
Incredible amount of recoil reduction! Im quite impressed.

jbsmwd
08-03-10, 20:19
Am I seeing things, or is the Battlecomp actually recoiling slightly "down" in the video?

yeah just slightly

NCPatrolAR
08-03-10, 20:31
yeah just slightly

The same thing has been noticed about other comps currently on the market.

Nice videos 87

Robb Jensen
08-03-10, 20:32

Almost all comps will cause this slightly until the carrier runs into the end of the receiver extension (buffer tube). Then the rifle will start to climb. This is where stance & grip and carrier weight & carrier speed will come into play. Many 3gunners will run stuff on the ragged edge of reliability to make their carriers super lightweight, moving very fast but barely just touching the end of the tube during recoil. I tried that stuff and gave up because I got tired of my gun not running in certain conditions etc.
My 3gun rifles now have H buffer and M16 carriers. Both have muzzle brakes. They run 100% now even when sideways or with 48 round mags.
Now the only difference in my competition guns vs. training/defensive guns is really just magnified optics vs. red dots and muzzle brakes vs. comps....not really much different. Train hard and often!

UDT
08-04-10, 07:34
Thanks, for sharing. Nice

Boss Hogg
08-04-10, 07:57
Is it me or does there appear to be more barrel flex with the A2? (esp. the 2nd shot)

87GN
08-04-10, 10:43
Is it me or does there appear to be more barrel flex with the A2? (esp. the 2nd shot)

I don't believe there's any barrel flex - if you look carefully, the stock is also shaking. The human body is up to 60-70% water, and I am by no means a rock solid bodybuilder ;)

jbsmwd
08-04-10, 11:17
Almost all comps will cause this slightly until the carrier runs into the end of the receiver extension (buffer tube). Then the rifle will start to climb. This is where stance & grip and carrier weight & carrier speed will come into play. Many 3gunners will run stuff on the ragged edge of reliability to make their carriers super lightweight, moving very fast but barely just touching the end of the tube during recoil. I tried that stuff and gave up because I got tired of my gun not running in certain conditions etc.
My 3gun rifles now have H buffer and M16 carriers. Both have muzzle brakes. They run 100% now even when sideways or with 48 round mags.
Now the only difference in my competition guns vs. training/defensive guns is really just magnified optics vs. red dots and muzzle brakes vs. comps....not really much different. Train hard and often!

Thanks for that explaination