PDA

View Full Version : Hi-points for handgun classes

monkeywrench
08-03-10, 21:53
I just got done being sucked into reading hi point fourms and hearing how great the hi-points are.

My question is has anyone seen a hi-point in a hard use, high count class before?

Todd talked about the CZ failing and having problems!

I just can not imagine them doing any better.

Ed L.
08-03-10, 22:17
I would suspect that the demographic who buys Hipoints don't go to training classes.

John_Wayne777
08-03-10, 22:27
People who buy $150 dollar handguns rarely show up to training classes. That being said, there is somebody out there with a reasonable level of experience who is going to try and do a high round count test with a Hi-Point.

WEC
08-03-10, 23:32
People who buy $150 dollar handguns rarely show up to training classes. That being said, there is somebody out there with a reasonable level of experience who is going to try and do a high round count test with a Hi-Point.

I think "try" being the operative word. I'm curious as to the results of the test...

monkeywrench
08-04-10, 06:37
I just can't believe people pack these as well for ccw also!

GermanSynergy
08-04-10, 07:15
I would suspect that the demographic who buys Hipoints don't go to training classes.

That's what I was thinking... Hi Point seems to appeal to folks that the Ruger P series is too extravagant...:ph34r:

CaptainDooley
08-04-10, 07:35
I just can't believe people pack these as well for ccw also!

Talk about dressing around the gun! I'm usually the first guy to pipe in that you can carry no matter what you carry if you buy the right gear - but I can't say that with this gun!

GermanSynergy
08-04-10, 07:38
For those w/o the financial means to spend over $250 on a defensive handgun, a Makarov would be a better CCW choice than a Hi Point...

gtmtnbiker98
08-04-10, 07:40
Talk about dressing around the gun! I'm usually the first guy to pipe in that you can carry no matter what you carry if you buy the right gear - but I can't say that with this gun!I'd be too embarrassed to show up at a class with such a firearm.

SGTMAJ
08-04-10, 07:49
honestly I would rather show up with a sling shot.

Gramps
08-04-10, 09:25
honestly I would rather show up with a sling shot.

You probably would do better than with a High Point too.

I can just imagine the laughter that would erupt from a class when someone walked in with one for class use. If I were a lot richer, I might buy a used one and take it along too for the laughs.

Ga Shooter
08-04-10, 09:58
My brother in law bought one several years ago and CCW and in the 4 or 5 years he has had it he has put MAYBE 2 WHOLE BOXES through it with no problems or malfunctions of any kind. Glock, S&W, HK, etc. better watch out they might be in trouble from this company.:jester:

GermanSynergy
08-04-10, 11:58
My brother in law bought one several years ago and CCW and in the 4 or 5 years he has had it he has put MAYBE 2 WHOLE BOXES through it with no problems or malfunctions of any kind. Glock, S&W, HK, etc. better watch out they might be in trouble from this company.:jester:

2 boxes? Was he torture testing it?:neo:

C4IGrant
08-04-10, 12:00
I just got done being sucked into reading hi point fourms and hearing how great the hi-points are.

My question is has anyone seen a hi-point in a hard use, high count class before?

Todd talked about the CZ failing and having problems!

I just can not imagine them doing any better.

NEVER.

C4

Lumpy196
08-04-10, 13:11

How does that happen?

You don't need anyone here to prove to you that turds smell like shit.

nickdrak
08-04-10, 13:45

Oh Jesus, NO!!! What a complete waste of perfectly good ammo!

Alpha Sierra
08-04-10, 17:32
For those w/o the financial means to spend over $250 on a defensive handgun, a Makarov would be a better CCW choice than a Hi Point...

I will gladly carry a beat up, police trade in S&W Model 10 before I carry a Hi Point.

kal
08-04-10, 18:21
what's with these hi point threads recently.

I asked if hi point pistols were tortured tested and I got banned for a week. wtf.:angry:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56244

awm14hp
08-04-10, 18:30
I worked at a Defensive Pistol Class an 8 hour class and we had two Hipoint 9mm in them and god they spent more time doing clearing drills than anything else :agree:

Irish
08-04-10, 18:36
I asked if hi point pistols were tortured tested and I got banned for a week. wtf.:angry:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56244

How appropriate! :lol:

Moose-Knuckle
08-04-10, 19:01
Wow would anyone buy a hi-point when one can obtain even a used GLOCK for $200 more??? :blink:

varoadking
08-04-10, 19:07
I think Hi-Points would be great for target practice...

...not sure how may hits they'd stand up to, though...

Dave_M
08-04-10, 19:08
I've had guys show up at CCW courses with them before.

They always end up with one of our Glocks to finish our totally insane number of rounds without constant malfunctions (100 rounds :laugh: )

arbninftry
08-04-10, 19:18
How appropriate! :lol:

LMAO!!:lol:
This made my day! I needed a laugh, but this is not the Hi-point forum.

opmike
08-04-10, 19:52
In the interest of getting an OBJECTIVE analysis, I'd be very interested in seeing how one of these would stand up (or lack thereof) to a high round count.

I'd do it myself if I had enough disposable income to buy one and the ammo for it.

I don't really care what gun is being tested, I always find the information gained from testing them interesting.

And if anything, it would give new shooters looking to "cheap out" on their first firearm even more reason to simply save up for something they can depend on with their lives.

G34Shooter
08-04-10, 21:55
This guy thinks they are just dandy :no:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=millerusaf#p/u/269/96CyDvPbnOQ

Ed L.
08-04-10, 22:00
Here is a gun review from the Highpoint forum that speaks for itself:

"ok so i waent back to the range today with my hp 45, i have to say that i preformed much much better this time, i did have a few fte/ftf/ and some nose up jams. and one trying to chamber under a spent round but not nearly as bad as before, i started off with only shooting three rnds in the mag at once and slowly worked up to 7 awsome grouping by the way i was very impresed my maxim distance was around 14 feet and less, just trying to adjust the sites and get it just right, i was doing some cc techniques draw 2 quick shots and re holster, did fine with that but when i put a few more rnds in the mag is when i started haveing some issues, but maybe i just need to keep at it and let it break in a little more, note that it was much better than the firs time and i did make some adjustments to the mag but trying to figure out was is causing the nose up jam, and some feeding issues, thanks to all that respond."

xrayoneone
08-05-10, 00:03
My father-in-law bought one, I couldn't talk him out of it. He only spent $120 on the thing so he isn't out much. I may try to talk him into letting me borrow it to see what damage can be done. If I break it I'll pony up some $$ towards a better Roscoe. I was surprised he bought it because all of his firearms are of excellent quality, but maybe he bought it as a beater gun.

Alpha Sierra
08-05-10, 08:25
Here is a gun review from the Highpoint forum that speaks for itself:

"ok so i waent back to the range today with my hp 45, i have to say that i preformed much much better this time, i did have a few fte/ftf/ and some nose up jams. and one trying to chamber under a spent round but not nearly as bad as before, i started off with only shooting three rnds in the mag at once and slowly worked up to 7 awsome grouping by the way i was very impresed my maxim distance was around 14 feet and less, just trying to adjust the sites and get it just right, i was doing some cc techniques draw 2 quick shots and re holster, did fine with that but when i put a few more rnds in the mag is when i started haveing some issues, but maybe i just need to keep at it and let it break in a little more, note that it was much better than the firs time and i did make some adjustments to the mag but trying to figure out was is causing the nose up jam, and some feeding issues, thanks to all that respond."

Wow.......just wow.......

Rated21R
08-05-10, 09:15
The Base Exchange here had a grand opening sale for their gun department and these things were going like hot cakes. I was just laughing my ass off. When I asked if they could order me an M&P compact they were like what is that?

MookNW
08-05-10, 09:48
I guess if you train with one of these things, you'll know how to adapt when your gear shits the bed.

misanthropist
08-05-10, 10:20
They should make them with identical ergos to quality guns...maybe they would make good training analogs for stoppage clearance drills!

eternal24k
08-05-10, 10:54
nope.

But i would love to see it done, actually there are a lot of rifles and pistols with fanboys that I would like to be seen put through their paces. Problem is, those in the know already know and those in denial are in just that, denial and there is already enough information available to make a wiser decision.

skyugo
08-05-10, 11:34
some people prefer cheap over quality..
i'd rather drop 600 bucks or so on a gun that'll last me as long as i need it to and still have resale value personally.

eh well, it might get people into shooting. that's generally a good thing.

Sry0fcr
08-05-10, 18:22

This, the folks I've run into at the local "tactical" classes had at least passable guns, their carry gear needed to be sorted out though.