PDA

View Full Version : Chopping and BCM Mid Length?

pathfinderheli
08-04-10, 09:27
I have a BCM 16in mid length. My midwest industries rail cracked so I'm replacing it. Thinking about getting the barrel chopped to 14.5 then getting the AAC blackout pinned in place. I'm planning on running this suppressed and unsuppressed.

Any issues I should be aware of before getting this done? Pretty new to AR's so excuse my ignorance.

Thanks!

hellbound
08-04-10, 09:46
what's the round count like on your existing barrel?

reason i ask is that a place like adco is going to charge you $65 for the work. if your barrel has a low round count, you could probably get $150 for it. you could use that plus the $65 you were going to spend on cutting/threading to buy a brand new 14.5" BCM middy with the gas port already tweaked.

Secureborderintel.org
08-04-10, 11:45
I have a BCM 16in mid length. My midwest industries rail cracked so I'm replacing it. Thinking about getting the barrel chopped to 14.5 then getting the AAC blackout pinned in place. I'm planning on running this suppressed and unsuppressed.

Any issues I should be aware of before getting this done? Pretty new to AR's so excuse my ignorance.

Thanks!

I am looking at getting the BCM weapon system..Any issues with it up to this point? How do you like it?

ForTehNguyen
08-04-10, 12:55
cant go wrong with a BCM, very high quality. I have several of their uppers and BCGs, never had a problem. Shoots low quality ammo fine and all

spamsammich
08-04-10, 13:03
I would not alter a perfectly good BCM barrel just to lose 1.2" of barrel and some velocity. Shooting out a barrel and going with a shorter barrel is one thing, but spending extra time and money on a perfectly good barrel for little to no gain is a bad idea in my book.