PDA

View Full Version : New Season of "Alias" is on USA Tuesday

Business_Casual
08-04-10, 22:43
That was weird, I turn on my TV in the hotel room last night and "Alias" is on for a new season on USA. Looks like Sidney has gone blonde for this one, though. Some new dude is her handler, he is blind or something.

I watched a few more episodes on Demand and it wasn't all bad. Anyone else watching it?

B_C

dookie1481
08-05-10, 00:42
That was weird, I turn on my TV in the hotel room last night and "Alias" is on for a new season on USA. Looks like Sidney has gone blonde for this one, though. Some new dude is her handler, he is blind or something.

I watched a few more episodes on Demand and it wasn't all bad. Anyone else watching it?

B_C

Hasn't that show been off of the air for like 3-4 years?

I used to like it...

Jay

Macx
08-05-10, 01:47
This is a joke right?

New series, recycled idea. The chick from Coyote Ugly, Piper something . . . no Jennifer Garner anywhere in sight. Yeah, the most original part of the show is the blind dude, but it is kinda fun in a guilty pleasure torture the wife by watching it kinda way.

Honu
08-05-10, 05:17
not a bad show :) so far enjoying it

the wife rolled her eyes at me though :)

Rider79
08-05-10, 05:45
I TiVo'ed the first 2 episodes. ****ing retarded. For the top of the class at The Farm she's a little whiny.

C45P312
08-05-10, 06:04
I don't even see it on the USA Network website. Am I blind?

Business_Casual
08-05-10, 06:18
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/covertaffairs/?__source=ggl|covert+affairs|Brand|G_CovertAffairs&sky=ggl|covert+affairs|Brand|G_CovertAffairs

Has sound, so may be NWS.

B_C

C45P312
08-05-10, 06:21
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/covertaffairs/?__source=ggl|covert+affairs|Brand|G_CovertAffairs&sky=ggl|covert+affairs|Brand|G_CovertAffairs

Has sound, so may be NWS.

B_C

oh, lol. no wonder "alias" was in quotes. I'm an idiot.

I'll starting watching since I don't have work till noon

JSantoro
08-05-10, 09:38
I'm on the other side of the fence. I always felt that Alias could've benefited from some of the more comedic aspects like those in Covert Affairs.

Since most of the Alias plot lines lacked any real form of Aristotelian unity, they might as well have gone for some funny intentionally instead of making me laugh over how stupid it was. Same with "24," jumped the shark in the second season.

The current one is at least not trying to pass itself off as a super-serious spy/action/drama like those other abortions. And the Piper's lips don't make her look like Howard the Duck, as Garner's do.

Alric
08-05-10, 10:45
I TiVo'ed the first 2 episodes. ****ing retarded. For the top of the class at The Farm she's a little whiny.

Some of her behavior makes me think they lied about her being at the top of her class, since they seemed to have ulterior motives for wanting her anyway.

ra2bach
08-05-10, 17:10
plot, weapons skills, situations all goofy? I. don't. care. she's real easy on the eyes.

makes me feel funny in my pants...

Rider79
08-12-10, 23:23
The preview for next week says she's seeking out a traitor in the Senate.

Man, she's going to have alot of work ahead of her, I don't think they'll be able to make it through all the suspects in an hour show.

Business_Casual
08-13-10, 06:00
plot, weapons skills, situations all goofy? I. don't. care. she's real easy on the eyes.

makes me feel funny in my pants...

One thing we can count on, ratings slump = bikini.

B_C