PDA

View Full Version : Any members here that also belong to Harvard Sportsmans Club in Harvard, MA

andy t
08-05-10, 11:24
I am looking to meet up with a few people for informal practices.
I belong to HSC, and it's a great club that allows a great degree of freedom.

chadbag
09-15-10, 10:30
Have you tried shooting with the NH TAG folks? They shoot in Pelham during the good weather months. That is not too far of a drive from Harvard.

http://www.nhtag.org/

I have not been in NE since 2002 when they were in Nashua but their website shows they are still active.

ArmySGTPM
11-02-10, 10:14
I'm in the Boston area always looking for more places to shoot...not a memeber at harvard but I do hear great things

my range in Attleboro is good but does not have the freedom to really train with rifles like I would want

Nobody_Special
12-07-10, 04:16
I've been planning on joining HSC but with two babies in diapers, I haven't had the time to get to a meeting. HSC is a great club. I would definately be interested.

EzGoingKev
07-09-11, 16:17
I don't know if anyone still checks this but I am a member of HSC and would not mind meeting up with some other AR shooters.

I just joined up in March and it is pretty great place. Lots of different ranges and things going on.

Either reply here or PM me.

chupa88
10-06-11, 15:07
I'm not a member at HSC but have been there a lot for USPSA matches. I would def be up for some regular AR practices/training.

Been thinking about joining up myself.

CH

EzGoingKev
10-09-11, 11:23
HSC is good to go, but like any place what you can do on any given day is dependent upon how people are there using the range you want to shoot on.

I was there one day in the middle of week with a friend/fellow member and we did all kinds of shooting and moving drills at the 25/50 yard range because we were the only ones there.

I got to find out if rifles can be used on some of the smaller ranges out on the left hand side of the road. Except for when there is an event they are not used that much and if you wanted to do some moving and shooting type stuff they would be perfect.

If rifles can be used on those ranges then I would like to get together for some training.

EzGoingKev
10-22-11, 21:53
I was up there last weekend looking around at the ranges.

I discovered Range #7 tucked out in the back of the action pits. It parallels the 200/300 yard ranges. It is a 65 yard range where you can shoot pistols and rifles.

Except for when they have an event there I do not think the range is used that much. I think this might be a good place to do some training.

chupa88
10-26-11, 13:14
Yes, I've heard from some other HSC members that the 65yd range is the one to use. I'm not a member yet (I plan to join before the year is over) but I'd be game to meet up for some training. I know one other guy who is a HSC member who would be up for it as well.

Ping me if you decide to gather a small group.

andy t
10-26-11, 13:24
The 65 yard range is the best kept secret. Don't tell anyone! :)
Right now I want to focus more on pistol shooting than rifle shooting, but it does sound like it could be fun to get together occasionally for some practice. I am thinking of heading up to Harvard this coming Friday during the day if anyone will be around.

EzGoingKev
10-26-11, 19:10
Secret is the word for it. If it was any more hidden you would pull to a boulder and say "open sesame".

I would like to get up there but I go in for shoulder surgery tomorrow so that is going to put me out of action for a little while.

chupa88
10-27-11, 11:58
Can't make it on Friday. Weekdays are mostly tough. But would def be interested for another time - keep me in the loop please!

WillBrink
10-27-11, 13:15
I am looking to meet up with a few people for informal practices.
I belong to HSC, and it's a great club that allows a great degree of freedom.

I go there semi regular. I also shoot IDPA there in season. Best club in the area for sure, worth the extra drive for me, which is 30-40 mins.

WillBrink
10-27-11, 13:16
I don't know if anyone still checks this but I am a member of HSC and would not mind meeting up with some other AR shooters.

I just joined up in March and it is pretty great place. Lots of different ranges and things going on.

Either reply here or PM me.

I'd be up for a meet up before it gets sh^% cold out. :cool:

EzGoingKev
10-27-11, 21:37
My arm is in sling right now so no shooting for me but if you guys are going to meet up to shoot I will take ride up as it would great to meet you guys in person and see what I can learn.

MSteele
11-06-11, 18:36
I live in Somerville and would love to see the Harvard club, heard nothing but good things and been trying to get up there. It would also be nice to meet M4c members in the area and get some good old shooting done. PM me if anyone wants to meet up...

WillBrink
11-06-11, 18:50
I live in Somerville and would love to see the Harvard club, heard nothing but good things and been trying to get up there. It would also be nice to meet M4c members in the area and get some good old shooting done. PM me if anyone wants to meet up...

Lets make it happen. What days are good for you and others in the area? Being self employed, I'm fairly flexable with notice. I think there's an IDPA match next weekend, which would be a good way to try out the place BTW,.

MSteele
11-06-11, 19:25
Lets make it happen. What days are good for you and others in the area? Being self employed, I'm fairly flexable with notice. I think there's an IDPA match next weekend, which would be a good way to try out the place BTW,.

I am good to go this Wednesday as far as weather goes I don't think it will get any better this year. I just gotta go get some ammo on Tuesday since most places are closed on Mondays. I really want to check out the club and get some outdoor shooting done and also meet some like mined people. This weekend could also possibly work, Let me know what your thinking...

WillBrink
11-07-11, 07:35
I am good to go this Wednesday as far as weather goes I don't think it will get any better this year. I just gotta go get some ammo on Tuesday since most places are closed on Mondays. I really want to check out the club and get some outdoor shooting done and also meet some like mined people. This weekend could also possibly work, Let me know what your thinking...

Supposed to be mid 60s by Wed. I can do that. PM inbound. If anyone else wants to go, post here or PM.

EzGoingKev
11-08-11, 10:09
I cannot make it but a friend of mine that is an HSC member is interested.

Did you guys figure out the day & time?

WillBrink
11-08-11, 10:51
I cannot make it but a friend of mine that is an HSC member is interested.

Did you guys figure out the day & time?

Tomorrow. Time no set yet.

andy t
11-08-11, 11:21
I will probably be at Harvard on Friday around noon.

MSteele
11-08-11, 21:22
Tomorrow noon at Harvard...

MSteele
11-10-11, 16:55
Great time shooting at Harvard on Wednesday with WillBrink. Can't wait to go back and set up some drills weather permitting.

WillBrink
11-10-11, 17:14
Great time shooting at Harvard on Wednesday with WillBrink. Can't wait to go back and set up some drills weather permitting.

We don't care about no stinkin' weather! We're hard core to the bone.* :cool:

* = as long as I have my hand warmers, hot chocolate, and gas heater! :p

EzGoingKev
11-10-11, 17:19
Are you guys meeting up again tomorrow?

MSteele
11-12-11, 15:34
Looks like we may have some nice weather coming up, lets take advantage of it while we can. Lets get something together...

MSteele
11-12-11, 20:27
Found a sponsor!!!
Thanks
Michael

WillBrink
11-13-11, 08:47
As the title states I am looking for someone to sponsor me for membership to the Harvard Sportsman Club, Next meeting would be Thursday December 1st.
Thanks
Michael

Will be there today training with gents from the SWAT team you met the other day, or I'd meet up today. You'll have no problems getting sponsored I'm sure. As you saw, best club in the region bar none. Let me know how it progresses! :D

andy t
05-09-12, 18:22
I will be heading to HSC with my rifle and pistol on Friday, 5/11. I plan to get there around 12pm and spend a few hours. Most likely at the 65yd range.

chupa88
05-09-12, 18:24
I just joined up this past week but I'm out of town this weekend thru next. Would love to join you next time.

andy t
05-09-12, 18:26
Welcome to the club. I will let you know when I will be heading there again.

EzGoingKev
07-19-13, 15:18
Anyone want to get something going up there? I am currently out of work and have time during the days.

WillBrink
07-19-13, 16:28
Anyone want to get something going up there? I am currently out of work and have time during the days.

If it would get under 100fing degrees, I was hoping to get there to sight in the Aimpoint Pro I got recently, try my buddies Rugar Scout Rifle, and get a few rnds of 9mm through the M&P.

Tomorrow (20th) or Sun are possible.

EzGoingKev
07-20-13, 02:19
Now that I am out of work I go up during the week as there is no one around so you have your pick of ranges.

WillBrink
07-20-13, 09:09
Now that I am out of work I go up during the week as there is no one around so you have your pick of ranges.

It's great when you have your pick of ranges. Even on the weekends, it's not exactly full being such a large range, but having your pick and shooting alone is nice.

chupa88
03-16-14, 21:41
I'd like to reactivate this thread. With the weather getting warmer, I'd like to meet up with some folks and shoot some drills. I was there last Tuesday when it was 50 and it was great, except for getting stuck in the muddy road. Anyone interested?

WillBrink
03-16-14, 21:45
I'd like to reactivate this thread. With the weather getting warmer, I'd like to meet up with some folks and shoot some drills. I was there last Tuesday when it was 50 and it was great, except for getting stuck in the muddy road. Anyone interested?

If I was in the area I would. Maybe in a month or so when i return

chupa88
03-16-14, 21:48
Send a reply when you're back.

EzGoingKev
03-16-14, 21:49
I am out of state all next week but I would be up for something after that.

Are you shooting rifle or pistol?

andy t
03-16-14, 21:51
I would be in too. Especially since I am diversifying (AUG And Sig from AR and Glock).

chupa88
03-16-14, 22:20
I typically work on my AR and pistol. Though I am trying to get familiar with my Tavor manipulation.

MSteele
03-17-14, 00:33
I am always in for some training. Hopefully HSC will thaw soon and let that mud soak up. Went home the other day covered in mud. If anyone is planning on going down to HSC for some training let me know. Send PM here.