PDA

View Full Version : History Channel Casting Call for "Top Shot". Are you good enough?

Irish
08-05-10, 12:29
http://a.imageshack.us/img293/3089/topshotheader.jpg

I'm sure there are some very qualified people here on M4C who'd like to win $100,000, and get a little notoriety, so I thought I'd post this to see if there's any interest. Personally, I need a bit more practice and have a few too many other obligations currently. Who knows, maybe one of our very own M4C members will enter, win and take the top prize!

THE HISTORY CHANNEL is seeking SKILLED MARKSMEN for the second season of its hit competition show, TOP SHOT.

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle, or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on History Channel’s hit marksmanship competition show, TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with amazing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

You Could Win $100,000 in Prizes!!!

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught average Joe or Jane. As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

Simply email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you are America’s next “Top Shot.” For more information, call 818-478-4570 or visit the Top Shot webpage on the History Channel website.

Go here for additional info: http://pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/topshot/

C4IGrant
08-05-10, 13:00
I would like to personally nominate GOTM4.:big_boss:

C4

Irish
08-05-10, 13:36

Great idea! There's several other M4C'ers who'd definitely be in contention as well.

sadmin
08-05-10, 13:41
I wondered how they picked the first group... JJ and Blake I can understand, but some of the others were really random. Maybe Jerry Miculek or LAV will see the open casting call and clean up.

Alex V
08-05-10, 13:49
To answer your question, no, Im not good enough... lol

But I am sure there are plenty of people on here who are. Would be awesome to see!

I wonder how long the show takes to film. Can't be that long.

orionz06
08-05-10, 14:00
I wondered how they picked the first group... JJ and Blake I can understand, but some of the others were really random. Maybe Jerry Miculek or LAV will see the open casting call and clean up.

If I read correctly, people applied rather than being sought after. The other question I have is if someone such as Jerry or LAV were to go, how much time from their normal jobs or competition is taken up?

chadbag
08-05-10, 14:04
http://a.imageshack.us/img293/3089/topshotheader.jpg

Someone ought to tell the History Channel that the brass ejects out the side and does not follow the bullet projectile...

ForTehNguyen
08-05-10, 14:07
so whos the best shot around here and can cook up the most drama-mine

shooter521
08-05-10, 14:09

The application indicates the final casting process takes about a week, and filming takes approximately 5 weeks.

One of the (former) contestants is a member on another board I belong to, and he stated that each episode encompasses 3 days (1 day for practice, 1 day for the challenge, 1 day for the elimination practice & challenge).

ST911
08-05-10, 14:12

A little more than a month.

If Participant is chosen by Producers to move into the final casting process, Participant must be available on or about September 19, 2010 through approximately September 25, 2010, for the final casting process in Los Angeles, California. Parts of the final casting process will be filmed for possible inclusion in the Program. Producers will provide transportation to/from Los Angeles and lodging in the Los Angeles area.

Participant must be available on or about October 17, 2010, through approximately November 24, 2010, for the taping of the Program in Los Angeles, California (subject to change) and for possible pick-up filming at later dates. Producers will provide transportation to/from Los Angeles and lodging in the Los Angeles area.

Gutshot John
08-05-10, 14:54
Maybe Jerry Miculek or LAV will see the open casting call and clean up.

My understanding of why they choose the people they do has little do with actual shooting skill. Seriously those guys I see don't strike me as particularly strong.

Further I would bet that people of Jerry et al's stature have very little to gain and a lot to lose by the application of selective editing. Why risk it?

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-05-10, 15:40
well I did it hay you never know I could be famous

CarlosDJackal
08-05-10, 15:40

C4

And maybe we can stack it so that the rest of the slots are made up of us "less talented" and in the end we can split Rob's (guaranteed) winnings. :D

Alex V
08-05-10, 15:57
I understand a lot of movies and TV production companies are based in Cali, but why choose the state with some of the most restrictive firearms laws to fild a show about shooting guns in?

Say they have to shoot an AR/M4. I assume they will have 1 or 2 for the entire cast. You better hope they are all the same height and have the same shooting style cause no one is adjusting a collapsable stock on that set.

I would love to see a member on M4C take the prize.

I should apply saying I should be on the show because I can't hit the broad side of a barn but I can be anoying! lol

Titleist
08-05-10, 16:56
6 weeks according to iain Harrison, who competes locally here in pdx.

Irish
08-05-10, 18:16
Say they have to shoot an AR/M4. I assume they will have 1 or 2 for the entire cast. You better hope they are all the same height and have the same shooting style cause no one is adjusting a collapsable stock on that set.

I can't say for sure but I'll bet the production companies are given more leeway than a common citizen is when talking about gun laws. The same way 1/2 the shit they do in movies would be illegal to possess for any citizen of CA. Not for sure but I'd be willing to bet a dollar or 2.

Ed L.
08-05-10, 18:23
They choose casts more by who they think will provide interesting drama than who has the best shooting skills or background. They want oversized personalities to provide drama.

m4fun
08-05-10, 18:26
Hmm - could I get the time off of work, or from home...

Honestly would be great if someone from M4C could get on that, think of the advertising...think of all the work the mods would have dealing with newbies doing all the wrong things...

BrianS
08-05-10, 18:26

I had read that production companies can apply for permits to bring assault weapons and other prohibited items into CA for the purposes of their productions.

CA Residents is that correct?

-Wes-
08-05-10, 18:33
I vote for LAV.

Captains1911
08-05-10, 19:07
I was disappointed with this show. It's too much reality show and not enough shooting. And they aren't even always shooting firearms, but rather bows, sling shots, and throwing knives. And the one elimination challenge where the better shooter was eliminated just because he didn't know how to play poker...that was retarded. It's a great concept for a show but I think they could have done much better with it.

ralph
08-05-10, 20:57
I was disappointed with this show. It's too much reality show and not enough shooting. And they aren't even always shooting firearms, but rather bows, sling shots, and throwing knives. And the one elimination challenge where the better shooter was eliminated just because he didn't know how to play poker...that was retarded. It's a great concept for a show but I think they could have done much better with it.

I was dissapointed as well, One of the early shows where they were shooting a '03 really suprised me..None of those guys had any idea how to use the sights.. Or the rifle for that matter, Using it(the rear sight) folded down, It's set up for a 540yd zero..and they're shooting something like 80yds? All they would had to do is fold the rear up, set the apture for 100yds and they probably would have hit everything in sight..In the same episode one guy was fooling around with the windage knob...on a '03, each windage mark is 4moa..so you move it in very small increments,you don't crank on it like he was doing.. it's no wonder he could'nt hit anything.. I guess it really suprised me that out of all these guys,with all the experience they have, no one had any real idea how to use a rifle like a '03...Way too much drama, Reminded me of those MTV shows where they all live in the same house, and bitch about each other, behind each others back....

SkiDevil
08-05-10, 22:11
I was dissapointed as well, One of the early shows where they were shooting a '03 really suprised me..None of

...Way too much drama, Reminded me of those MTV shows where they all live in the same house, and bitch about each other, behind each others back....

I have to agree. I watched the first few episodes and then tuned-out. There were a few very talented shooters in the original group, but it seemed like quite a few couldn't actually shoot well or sucumbed to the pressure of being on national TV.

Either, way I didn't watch the end or who won. As the others said, quite a bit of bitching and whining and not enough shooting for my tastes either. I will not even bother watching Part II if there is one.

Well, to each his own. If others find enjoyment out of the show, then good for them. I thought it was a stupid show.

SkiDevil

P.S. For those who were wondering where/ the show was filmed. The location in at least 2-3 episodes appears to have been a club called Rauhagee's shooting range. It is located in Norco, CA around 1 hour away from metropolitan Los Angeles.

Surefire Institute does some training there on a few of the ranges and at least 1 Police Academy that I am aware of rents time there for long gun shooting. The longer distance episodes may have been filmed elsewhere, becuase the range is limited for rifle shooting.

And yes, the Hollywood Tards get a pass. Whatever, they do not have there are several companies around whom they can get equipment/ firearms from here (CA).

Alex V
08-06-10, 12:21
I can't say for sure but I'll bet the production companies are given more leeway than a common citizen is when talking about gun laws. The same way 1/2 the shit they do in movies would be illegal to possess for any citizen of CA. Not for sure but I'd be willing to bet a dollar or 2.

Honestly, I always thought they were props lol Never actualy thought they were real weapons capable of firing a real round.

I had read that production companies can apply for permits to bring assault weapons and other prohibited items into CA for the purposes of their productions.

CA Residents is that correct?

Oh yeah... that sounds fair :rolleyes:

I should setup a production studio and get a SBR and a can in NJ. Just have to bring a camcorder with me everytime I go to the range lol.

CarlosDJackal
08-06-10, 12:56
They choose casts more by who they think will provide interesting drama than who has the best shooting skills or background. They want oversized personalities to provide drama.

Hell, then. I'd fit right in!! :D

Ed L.
08-06-10, 18:54
I'm almost willing to bet money that I could get selected. The trick is to be wierd in a not over the top way--but in a way that promises conflict with the other teammates--maybe dress all in black, use eyeliner and claim to be a vegetarian. You don't want to go all-out Rocky Horror Picture Show/crossdressing wierd, just strange enough to seem plausible.

skyugo
08-08-10, 11:17
My understanding of why they choose the people they do has little do with actual shooting skill. Seriously those guys I see don't strike me as particularly strong.

Further I would bet that people of Jerry et al's stature have very little to gain and a lot to lose by the application of selective editing. Why risk it?

yeah the one episode i saw most of the guys weren't that good. there seemed to be one or 2 guys that really knew what tehy were doing.. the rest... :sad:

it's cool to see some rapid fire type shooting on TV though, ya know, outside of an action movie.