PDA

View Full Version : Move to Louisville??

jaygee
08-05-10, 12:49
Been considering a possible move to the Bluegrass state and Loo-ah-vul in particular. Haven't been there in
a while, so how would that work out moving from western Pa.??? I remember Knob Creek, and some big
gunshows, and a few decent shops too. How would it be to actually live there? Or the surrounding area?
I do have class 3, but obviously Ky. as a whole is OK with that. Thanks folks!!!

Mr. Smith
08-05-10, 13:53
We love it

KY is the best got to love the bourbon.
The people are geat. Lots of shooters.
We host classes from time to time.

mildot
08-05-10, 13:58
Can't agree more, had a buddy that lived near KCR!
And YES you have KCR in your backyard, what a bonus!!!
Oh yea and they are Class 3 friendly!

tiger seven
08-05-10, 14:53
We're obsessed with the weather, like people in L.A. are obsessed with traffic. All day every day, every few minutes an update on the weather. Why? Because you can experience all four seasons in three days, during any month of the year. :D

In general, I like it. And you already have the pronunciation right!

Derek

Kentucky Cop
08-05-10, 15:18
Ummm, I will say it. By far the best looking woman live in Louisville, Lexington and the surrounding counties. You think I am making this up but you will see. Down right beautiful...

Nascar coming to KY speedway, Bourbon, gun friendly, horse tracks and farms that are ridiculous expensive. My vote would be to live in Lexington...;)

KC

jaygee
08-05-10, 21:36
I sure do remember some outrageously good looking women back in the day. Glad to hear they
are still there! I can remember on weekends they were thick as flies at Porters and the Hill. :)

Army Chief
08-06-10, 05:14
Moved to the area earlier in the year, and Kentucky has pretty much been one pleasant surprise after another. Totally unexpected.

We're staying.

AC

thunderdog
08-06-10, 14:15
Grew up just south of Louisville and have lived in KY all my life. Louisville is a nice town, big enough, but not to big. I have been in most of the other states in the country ( use to travel a lot for work) and always looked forward to coming home to KY.

spm917
08-27-10, 11:36
I think Louisville is a great place to live. It is not a good place if you are sending a child to school. Who know where they could end up. They may not go to the school in your neighborhood. They could end up across town. I know that the desegregation issue went to SCOTUS and they found for the plaintiff saying the desegragation denies equal protection. A lot of ppl live across the border in Indiana. I just wanted to give you a heads up on the school situation. It may be better now, but I just don't know since I don't live there.

LMTRocks
08-27-10, 16:17
Since I live in Lexington I have to say that Louisville schtinks. :D

No really I like Pitino country and the fact that he's the 2nd best coach in the state.

However if you decide you want to be LouPD, you have to do their Academy, although Lexington's Police Academy is better. No comparison actually. :D

But where else can you go to have a MG shoot and blow cars up. Guess Louisville is good for something.

There. 4 reason to move to Jefferson county.

If you like guitars, head down the Gene Snyder parkway to Steilberg String Instruments. They do have some of the finest guitars I've ever played there and I think you'll agree if you happen to like R. Taylor guitars.

Should you want to move to KY, you're definitely welcomed. Just don't wear cardinal red in Lexington. :D

jaygee
09-24-10, 21:42
Just got back from four days in Loo-ah-vul ! It rocked my world and rest assured, I'll do whatever it
takes to get back. Had supper to die for at Mark's Feed on Bardstown !! Awesome town in every
sense of the word.