PDA

View Full Version : Lem/Match hybrid - too touchy for street carry?

oboe
08-05-10, 20:21
Well, that's the question. I've heard a lot about the LEM and I've also heard about something called the LEM/Match hybrid. I have no idea what is mechanically different about it, but one person described it as "almost like shooting a full automatic." Is that set-up just too much for an ordinary non-LE person to be carrying as their EDC? Or at all?

ralph
08-05-10, 21:35
I have a P-2000 with a "light" LEM..It's fine for a CCW..But the Match hybrid is a different set up..My understanding is, this is geared more for match shooting, and was'nt intended for use as a CCW..I'm sure someone who knows HK's better than I do, will explain in a little better detail..

varoadking
08-06-10, 17:39
I've also heard about something called the LEM/Match hybrid. I have no idea what is mechanically different about it, but one person described it as "almost like shooting a full automatic."

LOL...not quite...

Light LEM, Combat Competition, Hybrid LEM...it's all the same thing...a smooth, short reset DAO. That's all..

...and the reset is still not as short as the S&W system developed 50+/- years ago...

varoadking
08-06-10, 18:06
LEM Light is not the same as the "quasi-Competition Combat LEM.

There is no 'quasi" anything AFAIK. Never heard of a Competion Combat trigger either.
My Expert and HK45 have Light LEM/Combat Competion triggers and have sub 5 pound trigger pulls. Sam Bass did mine as well.
I don't know if I have a nickel coated anything, and frankly it doesn't sound like it makes spit for difference...unless we're splitting hairs...

Mjolnir
08-06-10, 19:47
There is no 'quasi" anything AFAIK. Never heard of a Competion Combat trigger either.
My Expert and HK45 have Light LEM/Combat Competion triggers and have sub 5 pound trigger pulls. Sam Bass did mine as well.
I don't know if I have a nickel coated anything, and frankly it doesn't sound like it makes spit for difference...unless we're splitting hairs...

Well, you may need to call Sam Bass and ask for details then. Or slide over to HKPro.com and read detailed posts describing the parts.

The pistol would have the Combat Competition trigger if and only if it had the trigger shoe with the adjustable screw. If you choose to forego that (and I don't see why one would not) then you have a "quasi CC LEM Trigger" or "Hybrid LEM". The Combat Competition Trigger Group has the parts I mentioned.

dc202
08-06-10, 21:09
I use the heavy LEM in my 45C and P2000SK. I prefer heavier trigger pulls in CCW weapons then that is offered by the light LEM versions.