PDA

View Full Version : Dry firing Glock 19

devildogljb
08-05-10, 21:06
Im sure there has been a thread on here but i cant not find it and search results on the net have come up with mixed results. Ive been working on my trigger control with dry firing my glock 19. Should i be worried about any damage to the hand gun or am i gtg? Thanks for every ones input Semper Fi

Littlelebowski
08-05-10, 21:16
Good to go.

xjustintimex
08-05-10, 21:43
sweet I was wondering this too but didn't I want to ask in fear of redundancy :p

devildogljb
08-05-10, 21:53
well i havnt been able to afford ammo and all i have is my self defence round and im not going to fire those. So this is the best way in my mind to practice. Put a 9mm round at the end of the hand gun and try fire if it falls your shot is off. if any one has any other suggestions let me know. And if some one is going to make fun of you with trying to learn something then let them id rather keep learning then be too afraid to ask a question

skyugo
08-05-10, 22:08
well i havnt been able to afford ammo and all i have is my self defence round and im not going to fire those. So this is the best way in my mind to practice. Put a 9mm round at the end of the hand gun and try fire if it falls your shot is off. if any one has any other suggestions let me know. And if some one is going to make fun of you with trying to learn something then let them id rather keep learning then be too afraid to ask a question

i've heard of the same trick with a coin on the front sight.
some guys like to dry fire in an ammunition free environment, depending on the durability of their home's exterior walls.

i'm sure you already know this, but just to put it out there, make sure you're dry firing at something that will stop a bullet. dry firing is excellent practice, but it is not "safe"

SWATcop556
08-05-10, 22:08
For every round of the 45,000+ I've fired out of my G19 I've probably dry fired it 10 times. You're good to go.

devildogljb
08-05-10, 22:13
i've heard of the same trick with a coin on the front sight.
some guys like to dry fire in an ammunition free environment, depending on the durability of their home's exterior walls.

i'm sure you already know this, but just to put it out there, make sure you're dry firing at something that will stop a bullet. dry firing is excellent practice, but it is not "safe"

Well im very safe with making sure the chamber is empty the mag is not in the and where i aim the weapon theres no risk of any one getting hit. but ive never tried the coin maybe i will also give it a try

platoonDaddy
08-06-10, 04:51
For every round of the 45,000+ I've fired out of my G19 I've probably dry fired it 10 times. You're good to go.

+1

I use a quarter when dry firing.

uscbigdawg
08-06-10, 08:29
Another good trick for dry firing with Glocks is to take one of the fake credit cards, or an old credit card and cut to the width of the barrel hood and the height that it doesn't obscure your sights.

Unlock the barrel just enough to place the card piece between the barrel hood and breech face. This should be enough to where you can fully work the trigger and feel the reset.

Does no damage.

Rich

skyugo
08-06-10, 11:05
Another good trick for dry firing with Glocks is to take one of the fake credit cards, or an old credit card and cut to the width of the barrel hood and the height that it doesn't obscure your sights.

Unlock the barrel just enough to place the card piece between the barrel hood and breech face. This should be enough to where you can fully work the trigger and feel the reset.

Does no damage.

Rich

what's this do for you exactly? firing pin strikes card?

uscbigdawg
08-06-10, 17:52
You don't have to cycle the slide over and over again to get the trigger reset. So, now in your dry fire, instead of just pressing a non-reset trigger, you can actually pull the trigger and release to the reset (which is the trick to shooting a Glock fast AND accurate).

Rich