PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my extra Hk45c to get another 45auto?

davebee456
08-05-10, 23:13
I was thinking about consolidating my collection.
Just Hk and Glock,

As of right now, I have two Hk45c's and Two Hk P7m8s
one Hk P7m8 LNIB and One for carry and range.
My idea is if one is broken or lost I have another.

I have a 1 glock19 as well that i would like to think of as my beater 9mm.

Question is after todd g did his tourtre test of the hk45 platform i feel like maybe i dont need two hk45c's

I can sell one Hk45c to my cousin now but what other 45acp should i get to replace it that could be as reliable ?

G21sf, M&P45 or maybe a Sig P220 ?

Seraph
08-05-10, 23:24
If you like the HK45c, you should keep both of them. Save your money for additional guns, rather than selling off the ones you have now.

warpigM-4
08-05-10, 23:29
I love My HK 45c If I had two then I would have one for each hand:dance3: KEEP IT

John_Wayne777
08-06-10, 00:04
Generally speaking, if you carry the HK45C it would be nice to have a second one at home. Why? Because if you have to use the weapon for its intended purpose you will lose it, at least for a while. Once you shoot someone with it the weapon becomes evidence and you aren't getting it back until the generally insufferably slow-turning wheels of the justice system are through processing the case. If the person you shoot happens to live through it, this can take years.

It would be eminently reasonable to be able to just grab another gun out of the safe and to already have all the support and carry gear already in order so you can continue to carry uninterrupted.

...so there's more to it than just the possibility of a pistol breaking down.

DocGKR
08-06-10, 01:18
It is a very good idea to always acquire 2 or 3 identical firearms if you intend to use them for serious purposes--one for training, one for duty/carry, and possibly one extra/home weapon. This is a FAR better situation than having two or three different types of weapons...

nickdrak
08-06-10, 01:36
It is a very good idea to always acquire 2 or 3 identical firearms if you intend to use them for serious purposes--one for training, one for duty/carry, and possibly one extra/home weapon. This is a FAR better situation than having two or three different types of weapons...

^Exactly.

CyberM4
08-06-10, 09:02
You have two HK45C. Time too buy the Big Brother. The HK45.

loupav
08-06-10, 10:46
I agree with everyone here. Two is ONE, One is NONE.

That and I always believed it was a bad idea to sell X weapon to get Y weapon. You have no idea how much I miss my M14SA GI.

gtmtnbiker98
08-06-10, 10:56
I agree with everyone here. Two is ONE, One is NONE.

That and I always believed it was a bad idea to sell X weapon to get Y weapon. You have no idea how much I miss my M14SA GI.Dude, I can't tell you how many I regret selling.

loupav
08-06-10, 11:03
Yup! One thing for sure I'm NOT selling an HK45's. I'll take'em to the grave....and a P2000 or two. :D

Seraph
08-06-10, 11:12
Two is ONE, One is NONE.

Wait a minute... Does that mean 2+1=1, or 2+1=0? :confused:

Seriously, I appreciate the ethic behind the Cooperism, but I think an even better way to look at it is as follows - Two is TWO! That's twice as good as one, and still not enough. :D

OP needs to get another Glock 19.

dc202
08-06-10, 21:15
Many good comments. I agree with the concept that having two identical or similar guns makes a lot of sense. I am currently planning to add an M&P 45 mid size. I am very happy with my FS and can see the advantages of having two very similar guns (for example, the FS for bedside and the middy for carry.)

DocGKR
08-07-10, 01:00
Get two or three IDENTICAL pistols, not just similar ones....

For example, the G19 and G17 are similar, but use different recoil springs--so that means additional different parts are needed. If at all possible, it is best to stick with ONE platform (and maybe a BUG) and learn to master it.

skyugo
08-07-10, 01:17
Get two or three IDENTICAL pistols, not just similar ones....

For example, the G19 and G17 are similar, but use different recoil springs--so that means additional different parts are needed. If at all possible, it is best to stick with ONE platform (and maybe a BUG) and learn to master it.

not to mention different holsters/carry gear.

i gotta double on my 19's and 26's... :o

JonInWA
08-07-10, 12:38
As much of a user and afficianado of the Glock platform that I am, I think that the group consensus here is correct-minimize your platforms, develop true expertise with them, and instead of chasing after the "perfect" handgun (regardless of caliber).

What constitutes the "ideal" (encompassing both the gun platform and the caliber) is a sliding scale-and frankly, for most of us, of relatively incrimental importance given a good platform and good cartridge selection.

I'd suggest sticking with what you've got, and getting good with it. Despite the inherent quality of all the guns in your collection, inevitably that concept known as "entropy" will occur-and something will break-so it makes excellent sense to keep the 2 HK45Cs that you have.

What you might want to do would be to use one as your primarly practice/competition gun, and with the other, use it enough to establish its reliability and to break it in-then use that one for your primary carry gun.

Best, Jon