PDA

View Full Version : Noveske 10.5" Light vs SS

huntsimp
08-06-10, 01:35
I'm looking to purchase a 10.5" Noveske Switchblock upper and was wondering if I should go with the light barrel or SS? The SS is cheaper and I figured that it may compensate for loss of accuracy with the 10.5" barrel.

Is anyone running either of these setups? Noticeable differences in weight?

RetreatHell
08-06-10, 01:49
Not sure which is actually a better choice for your needs, but IIRC there's NOT a loss of accuracy on SBRs, on the flip side accuracy is actually improved. It's the loss of velocity that's the sacrifice when shooting SBRs, which will also hurt overall effective range and the distance the bullet begins to drop will be shorter than that of a longer barrel.

You'll typically have a little more accuracy with a SS bbl, but whether or not a shooter will actually notice the slightly added accuracy is entirely dependent on the shooter's skill, the ammo being used, and IMO optic used as well.

I believe the Stainless bbl would also add a little more weight than the Light would, but I'm not entirely sure about that b/c I don't know about Noveske's typical bbl weights.

Whichever one you choose I'm sure you'll be happy with it, good luck!:)

benthughes
08-06-10, 02:12
You'd be better served with the N4 light. The chrome treatment of the N4 will help mitigate some of the abuse a SBR will subject your rifle to. A SS barrel will give you increased accuracy but you'd benefit more with the added velocity of a longer barrel. 2 Different barrels for 2 different purposes IMO. I have a 10.5" N4 and lurvah it.