PDA

View Full Version : And I thought they were herbivores...

kry226
08-06-10, 07:20
I have been a deer hunter for many years now and have never even heard of anything like this before. :blink:

Watch your volume, the chick is kind of annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk&feature=player_embedded

ChicagoTex
08-06-10, 07:56
"Oh my word, they're really gonna beat 'im up now." :lol:

austinN4
08-06-10, 09:56
That's how it starts - flesh eating zombie deer!

Civilization is doomed!

pilotguyo540
08-06-10, 11:21
That's how it starts - flesh eating zombie deer!

Civilization is doomed!

I can see that my area is saturated. I totally need to rethink home defense. I am gonna need a lot more ammo:

Sweet mother of god.:blink:

CarlosDJackal
08-06-10, 12:57
I've also heard of squirrels eating roadkill at times.

kal
08-06-10, 13:26
The bird was a target of opportunity.

And I don't know much about deer, but it looked a bit skinny. No shit it's going to eat something it normally wouldn't.

kry226
08-06-10, 17:22
The bird was a target of opportunity.

And I don't know much about deer, but it looked a bit skinny. No shit it's going to eat something it normally wouldn't.

Actually, the deer appears to be a very healthy yearling buck, antlers in velvet, so it must be summer. At this time of the year, he'll be wearing his thinnest coat and be close to his lowest weight of the year.

I agree about the target of opportunity, but this is something that is very rarely observed.

Honu
08-06-10, 23:41
their finding out meat is good

we are next on their list :) so watch out when in the woods !! forget the bears watch out for killer bambis

Avenger29
08-07-10, 00:58
I've also heard of squirrels eating roadkill at times.

I was rather surprised to learn that squirrels will catch and eat other animals.

M4Fundi
08-07-10, 01:36
When I was working in Kenya one of my guys filmed elephants eating birds, but this is pretty amazing. Needs the protein for those budding antlers I guess.

skyugo
08-07-10, 15:28
our 22 lb cairn terrier ate a baby bird whole.
granted terriers love eating animals, but it's still impressive he could just take the whole thing down in one swallow :eek:

and yes, i know he's huge for a cairn terrier, he's big boned. and my gramma feeds him from the table :mad: