PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lawyer in NoVA

Littlelebowski
08-06-10, 11:13
needs to be conservative/libertarian oriented personal injury guy. Someone trustworthy.

sl4mdaddy
08-06-10, 11:29
Years ago I used a guy in Leesburg for divorce stuff. Great guy and would not hesitate to use again:

Dan Travostino

http://www.djtlawfirm.com/index.html

edit: no clue about his political views though

5pins
08-06-10, 13:49
Going to sue the guy that shot you?

Littlelebowski
08-06-10, 13:52
Trying.

Nathan_Bell
08-06-10, 13:56
Trying.

G/L

*The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters*

kal
08-06-10, 17:29
Trying.

Didn't the shooting happen a while ago? Why try now?

I'm not very familiar with how legal issues work and how long they take, etc, so excuse me.:D

Littlelebowski
08-06-10, 17:50
Didn't the shooting happen a while ago? Why try now?

I'm not very familiar with how legal issues work and how long they take, etc, so excuse me.:D

Obviously a long story.

SeriousStudent
08-06-10, 18:25
I wish you the best of luck. May the jury not only decide in your favor, but may they saw his booger hooks off with a rusty hacksaw.

Safetyhit
08-06-10, 19:27
needs to be conservative/libertarian oriented personal injury guy. Someone trustworthy.

I'm not sure what the practical benefit of these stances might be. Ideologically they sound good, but if you want an effective attorney who is both diligent and capable there is little benefit to limiting yourself like this.

You would possibly know by now that I am all for trustworthy, but sounds like the best thing you can do after all this time is find someone who can do the job for the right price and have the rate/fee in writing.

Littlelebowski
08-06-10, 19:45
I'm not sure what the practical benefit of these stances might be. Ideologically they sound good, but if you want an effective attorney who is both diligent and capable there is little benefit to limiting yourself like this.

You would possibly know by now that I am all for trustworthy, but sounds like the best thing you can do after all this time is find someone who can do the job for the right price and have the rate/fee in writing.

Agreed, however the ideology is a "nice to have" that would further give me a warm and fuzzy after being strung along for 2 years. I don't know much about this lawsuit crap and need someone who I can trust.

Safetyhit
08-06-10, 20:47
Agreed, however the ideology is a "nice to have" that would further give me a warm and fuzzy after being strung along for 2 years. I don't know much about this lawsuit crap and need someone who I can trust.

Again, you are lacking practicality here. And that's almost putting it rather nicely because I think you are smarter than this.

The only "warm and fuzzy" you need at this point is effective legal representation from someone who knows what they are doing. Now please don't misunderstand, if the individual is the "just shut the **** up and listen to me" type, do away with them immediately. The ultra-arrogant ones are the worst, acting like you owe them big before they have done a thing for you.

Use good, practical discretion.

Littlelebowski
08-07-10, 12:21
Safetyhit, like I said the ideology is a nice to have. I understand that competence is paramount. However, the ideology gives me a better chance of having someone that I can trust.

Safetyhit
08-07-10, 22:18
Safetyhit, like I said the ideology is a nice to have. I understand that competence is paramount. However, the ideology gives me a better chance of having someone that I can trust.

Ok, good enough. But in this particular context I am honestly uncertain as to why trust is more important to you than competency regarding your representation. If there are gray areas around the incident you should still be protected by your counsel.

However maybe there is a critical detail I am unaware of. Since you should have everything in writing with your attorney, don't know what it could be.

Of course you are not obligated to explain, only commenting because you asked for help.

Littlelebowski
08-08-10, 15:23
Ok, good enough. But in this particular context I am honestly uncertain as to why trust is more important to you than competency regarding your representation. If there are gray areas around the incident you should still be protected by your counsel.

However maybe there is a critical detail I am unaware of. Since you should have everything in writing with your attorney, don't know what it could be.

I am having some integrity and drive to see-it-done-right issues with my current attorney.

sl4mdaddy
08-09-10, 13:48
One in Fairfax:

http://www.swarmstronglaw.com/

Steve Armstrong

I know he focuses on DUI/traffic/criminal stuff, you'd have to call him re: P.I. cases.

Just like my original post, I have used both of these guys and have recommended Steve to friends on traffic/DUI cases (to include relatives).

Just throwin' it out there, best of luck.

Voodoochild
08-09-10, 15:06
Your roll man...Give this a shot..

http://www.bestlawyers.com/search/default.aspx

Littlelebowski
08-09-10, 16:05
I've gotten some great advice and am feeling much better about the future thanks to this community. Thanks, guys.

Voodoochild
08-09-10, 16:07
I've gotten some great advice and am feeling much better about the future thanks to this community. Thanks, guys.

I will send you a bill.

Littlelebowski
08-09-10, 16:08
I will send you a bill.

Money's already in your Swiss bank account :D

Safetyhit
08-10-10, 09:01

Not that I was much help, but to think you voted to shut GD down...:).

Littlelebowski
08-10-10, 09:20
Not that I was much help, but to think you voted to shut GD down...:).

In the spirit of our current administration, I'd like to blame that on Bush.

Thomas M-4
08-10-10, 10:32
In the spirit of our current administration, I'd like to blame that on Bush.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/139452/original.jpg

G/L

2 yrs seems like you are cutting it mighty close. Unless the Law is different from here.

Littlelebowski
08-10-10, 10:35
G/L

2 yrs seems like you are cutting it mighty close. Unless the Law is different from here.

I'm not going to get into the gory details publicly but I'm OK and there's certainly issues which I'm trying to fix now.

Thomas M-4
08-10-10, 10:48
Understand completely family is going through some thing very similar.

dbrowne1
08-10-10, 22:10