PDA

View Full Version : Where to get used glock 17 cheep?

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-06-10, 12:46
Hay guys I'm looking to find a Glock 17 on the cheep Gen 1,2 what ever. Any body run accrossed andy deals as of late police trade in's etc. maybe you could give me a heads up on? I found a few deals on gunsamerica and gunbroker but I was looking for 2 pistols and wanted to try and keep it too one transaction.

Mark71
08-06-10, 12:52
Contact Mark at Summit Gun Broker....
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

He is a great guy to deal with and frequently gets in used/police trade in Glock 17's. Send him an email or give him a call to see what he currently has in stock.

mrwickwire
08-06-10, 13:48
CDNN generally has used ones. Check J&G sales tool

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

http://www.jgsales.com/

SeriousStudent
08-06-10, 18:49
I have bought a used G-17 and a used G-19 from Mark at Summit Gun Broker. He does a great job, and the pistols have always been better than described.

I think I have bought 5 pistols from him in all. Every transaction went great.

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-06-10, 21:33
Wow thank you so much guys I will check it out

uscbigdawg
08-06-10, 22:09
Summit's the place.

Rich

jsmithy
08-06-10, 23:38
Contact Mark at Summit Gun Broker....
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

He is a great guy to deal with and frequently gets in used/police trade in Glock 17's. Send him an email or give him a call to see what he currently has in stock.

Nice...this guy is local too.

polymorpheous
08-11-10, 13:00
just bought a Gen3 G17 from Mark @ Summit for $375.
great price! should be here in a few days.
:dance3:

whiterabbit05
08-11-10, 13:17
Nice. Is that price for a new or used one?

devilsdeeds
08-11-10, 14:51
Nice. Is that price for a new or used one?

Used, there mostly all police trade ins.

lloydkristmas
08-11-10, 15:18
Now I may be the exception, not the rule, but the PD Trade-In G17 that I got from SummitGunBroker was VERY used. The slide was worn to a gray finish, the night sights were Kennedy-dead, the slides recoil spring was very sluggish, and the frame was worn to a sheen with almost no grip/serrations left. One mag was ancient, and non drop free, the other was in decent shape. Now it MAY have functioned flawlessly, given its a Glock and all, but i went ahead and sent it back to him anyway. No problem whatsoever, he was a pleasure to deal with, it just wasnt quite what I wanted.

Seraph
08-11-10, 16:09
Now I may be the exception, not the rule, but the PD Trade-In G17 that I got from SummitGunBroker was VERY used. The slide was worn to a gray finish, the night sights were Kennedy-dead, the slides recoil spring was very sluggish, and the frame was worn to a sheen with almost no grip/serrations left. One mag was ancient, and non drop free, the other was in decent shape. Now it MAY have functioned flawlessly, given its a Glock and all, but i went ahead and sent it back to him anyway. No problem whatsoever, he was a pleasure to deal with, it just wasnt quite what I wanted.

Did you then receive a replacement that was more to your liking?

lloydkristmas
08-11-10, 17:16
Did you then receive a replacement that was more to your liking?

Actually I just decided to buy a new one instead, should have clarified

mpardun
08-11-10, 17:18
2nd Gen $369: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411541837

3rd Gen w/NS $439: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411541518

johnson
08-11-10, 17:50
Nice...this guy is local too.

But charges sales tax to MO residents so any deals would be negated.

ucrt
08-11-10, 19:23
I've picked up several Glock's at a Pawn Shops. Most of the time you can get a little off the sticker. The majority of Glocks I see are 40's but almost all of them are in like-new condition. Most of the chain shops will give a 30-day warranty but I always ask for at least a 1-week warranty, heck I just need to run out shoot 4 or 5 clips to see if the pistol is gtg.

The last two 9's I bought, I got for $400 walk out.

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-11-10, 21:30
Thanks alot guys. I would have keept that old worn glock cause the pistol is the base for a build and all internals are going to be replaced.

I just traded my M&P40c for a new Glock 19 Gen 3

mpardun
08-11-10, 21:34
Thanks alot guys. I would have keept that old worn glock cause the pistol is the base for a build and all internals are going to be replaced.

I just traded my M&P40c for a new Glock 19 Gen 3

Sounds like a downgrade..:nono:

kidding...not really (all personal preference)

polymorpheous
08-12-10, 00:03

wow.
this isn't very reassuring.
i can only wait and see.

CAVDOC
08-12-10, 14:01
as far as a 17 is concerned you can occaisionally find a good used deal (my idea of a good used deal is 350 or less, unless it comes with a bunch of mags or quality holsters etc.) Right now if you qualify (police military fire ems or retired from same) ed's public safety has new 9mm glocks priced at 398 and they come with three mags as opposed to the comercial package 2. Even if you do not qualify for the above, they have the GSSF program- $35 to join and the gun $425. I am usually a used gun guy, but if you can get new for 65 bucks more than used do not see why not get new

polymorpheous
08-12-10, 14:51
cheapest i could find new was $460 from midwest hunter's outlet.
i'm not LEO so i don't qualify for any discounts.
as far as the GSFF goes. $35 + $425 is $465.
i don't want to join a program i'll never use.

dojpros
08-12-10, 16:21
Mark at Summit is a stand up guy. If you are not happy, he will absolutely make it right. I bought a lightly used G34 from him and it was as described.