PDA

View Full Version : Stubby "entry" A2 style stock

arizonaranchman
08-06-10, 14:18
I'm thinking of trying one of these - it's basically an A2 stock that's 7.25" long - the same as an M4 stock but a solid A1/A2 style.

Anyone tried one of these? How did you like it?

Question: It comes with a Carbine buffer and spring - will this work with either of my BCM middies (14.5" or 16") or should I go with one of the H-buffers? If so which buffer would you recommend?

I have an M4 stock on my 16" BCM lower and like it, but also like the idea of the stubby solid stock for the other middy (or vice-versa), but looking for input from those who've tried it - any pro's or cons would be appreciated.

Lastly, if you like it or have one who sells the best of the stubbies?

zukiii
08-06-10, 14:55
take a look at the sully stock. i have no experience with them but i have heard nothing but good things.

Byron
08-06-10, 15:02
I had a stubby stock during the ban years. I'd never use one again unless I was forced to by law. Besides legal compliance, I just don't think it offered me anything over a quality collapsible stock.

Heck, even if I was forced to have a fixed stock, I'd probably opt for a pinned collapsible so that I could have more sling mounting options.

Your middy will run fine on the carbine buffer, but switching to the H will generally make for a smoother shooter.

ST911
08-06-10, 15:22
I ran them on several guns during the AWB. They were light, compact, and worked as designed. They were a good length to use in armor, but not without it or in certain other positions.

The Sully Stock is GTG. It has a longer LOP and is a bit heavier than the stubbys, but that may not be an issue for you.

I don't use either the Sully or stubbys anymore, opting instead for one of the better adjustables. I may not always use the adjustment they offer, but I prefer to have the option to.

Treehopr
08-06-10, 15:52
I have an entry stock with a 1" spacer on my HD carbine.

It comes out to the same length of pull as the #3 position on a Vltor RE/Stock.

I use it with a single point sling and find that it works well for my needs.

Quentin
08-06-10, 20:37
So some of these entry stocks use the carbine buffer and receiver extension... hmmm

Can you just slide off the telescoping stock and quickly slide on the entry stock? I might be interested for a change of pace if the receiver extension doesn't have to be removed like with a normal A1 or A2 stock.

Byron
08-06-10, 20:55
Can't speak for any others, but the one I had definitely did not use a carbine receiver extension. Yes, it used a carbine buffer and spring, but the receiver extension was just like a chopped down rifle version: it was smooth (i.e. no lower 'rail' with positions for a collapsible to lock into) and tapped at the end so that you could screw the buttpad into it, locking the stock on.