PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for something that may not exist.

kal
08-06-10, 15:07
How about a 40sw semi auto carbine that uses 30rd mags........and is under a grand.

watcha got?:dance3:

I was going to buy a semi auto mac-10 carbine from masterpiece arms to accompany my 45 pistol, but I'm getting rid of 45 for 40sw now.

kalikraven
08-06-10, 15:16
This is as close as I could get, $721 Olyimpic arms 40S&W upper, Uses 20rd mags.

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=102&category_id=49&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

lloydkristmas
08-06-10, 16:35
Kel Tec Sub-2000

takes Glock 22 mags

I believe a 25 or 30 rd mag exists for the G22, but I dont know the price or quality

Seraph
08-06-10, 16:49
This Olympic Arms complete carbine seems to come very close to what you want, as it uses .40 cal Glock mags.

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=60&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

mrwickwire
08-06-10, 16:59
Rock River makes a 40 cal AR carbine. If it is not under a grand, it is only slightly above.

KTR03
08-06-10, 18:47
MSAR is still talking about doing a 9mm and 40 cal aug that takes Glock mags. Holding my breath and turning blue...

nrose8989
08-06-10, 18:48
Did you buy a decent handgun yet?

Maybe you should consider that before you start inquiring about inferior weapon systems from bottom barrel companies.

kal
08-06-10, 19:22
Did you buy a decent handgun yet?

No not yet. Trying to sell my 45 taurus first.

Maybe you should consider that before you start inquiring about inferior weapon systems from bottom barrel companies.

the point of this thread is to find a 40sw shoulder fired carbine, not a handgun.

With that in mind, does any body know if the olympic arms 40sw carbine upper and lower receivers are cast or forged/milled?

TOrrock
08-06-10, 19:25
With the limits you set, no, there isn't one that exists (that I'd own and not feel like I just pissed my money away).

However, if you can take a hit on capacity, the Beretta CX4 Storm is a reliable, well made little carbine and available in .40 cal.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/

If you can unwrap yourself around the axel about owning a 9mm, that will open up a whole lot more really good options.

Ed L.
08-06-10, 20:09
the point of this thread is to find a 40sw shoulder fired carbine, not a handgun.

I think his point is that you should concentrate on getting a good handgun that you can trust before buying a pistol caliber carbine.

With that in mind, does any body know if the olympic arms 40sw carbine upper and lower receivers are cast or forged/milled?

Olympic has the reputation for being bottom of the barrel in ARs. Then consider that Pistol caliber ARs tend to work less reliably than .223/5.566mm versions. If you go for the Olympic in 40 S&W you will likely be having a repeat of the Taurus experience.

I mean, look at that, you bought the Taurus over a S&W M&P with a thumb safety that would have ran you a hundred dollars more and you wound up with a gun that you cannot trust your life to that you will sell at a loss. How easy do you think it will be to sell a used Olympic AR in .40 cal? You were not willing to spend an extra hundred dollars on a decent handgun but now you are willing to spend as much if not more than it would cost for a decent handgun on a substandard longarm.

kal
08-06-10, 20:50
ed I never said I'm going to by an oly arms rifle. I'm just asking around to see if what I'm envisioning exists. Reliability and other criteria come later.

Templar, that's what I was thinking from the start. A 40sw cx4 is about as close as I can get to how I originally want it.

Sry0fcr
08-06-10, 21:58
With the limits you set, no, there isn't one that exists (that I'd own and not feel like I just pissed my money away).

However, if you can take a hit on capacity, the Beretta CX4 Storm is a reliable, well made little carbine and available in .40 cal.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/

If you can unwrap yourself around the axel about owning a 9mm, that will open up a whole lot more really good options.

I'm listening...