PDA

View Full Version : ? for Glock Pro's

platoonDaddy
08-06-10, 19:41
I have a Gen 4 G17 and from time to time when re-assembling the trigger bar prevents the slide from seating. The only way to clear this is to depress on the tit (or whatever it is called) to return the trigger to a firing position and then the slide will seat properly.

Note: Picture # 1 trigger has been depressed and is disengaged.

Picture # 2 note the tit or whatever it is called on the trigger bar, see how high it is. If I depress it down, the trigger will go to a fire state and the slide will seat property.

Does my explanation confuse you? :-)

will return.

Robby
08-06-10, 21:29
Yup... Its eaiser in a Gen4 just to reset the trigger forward.

platoonDaddy
08-07-10, 05:25
Yup... Its eaiser in a Gen4 just to reset the trigger forward.

hmm, I have a G26 (my 1st glock) that has thousands of rounds downrange resulting in many cleanings and never experienced the seating issue. Based on your reply, I assume this is normal?

Also noticed this is your 1st post, welcome to the forum (I am also new) and thanks for your reply.

oalocke
08-07-10, 10:06
This seems to be normal and consistent on the Gen4's. Mine is the same, as were a few others we tried at the gun shop I frequent.

I'm pretty sure it's the new nub on the bit of the trigger bar that depresses the safety plunger tab. I swapped my trigger bar for a Gen3 one and reassembly was as it had been on my older glocks.