PDA

View Full Version : 100 rounds of fun

ShipWreck
08-07-10, 13:04
I've had my PS90 for about 4 years now. I am right handed but left eye dominant. That has always cased me an issue with rifles.

An Eotech on the PS90 allowed me to use either eye. In the past, I shot long distance with my left eye, but CQC with my right. However, I have trained myself to only use the right eye... Having an MSAR helped with this too.

I've had the mag clamps for my PS90 in the past - but didn't like them because they prevented me from using my left eye. However, now I ONLY use my right eye, and I wanted the cheek weld. It works great.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/100round-ps90-3.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/100round-ps90-4.jpg

nrose8989
08-07-10, 14:07
?????:confused:

RDSs are supposed to be used with BOTH eyes.

What does the PS90 offer you that a similarly equipped rifle doesn't?

ShipWreck
08-07-10, 14:21
?????:confused:

RDSs are supposed to be used with BOTH eyes.

What does the PS90 offer you that a similarly equipped rifle doesn't?

Both eyes are open, but you only use 1 eye to look thru the optic.

I like the size of the gun, the ergonomics, the ammo capacity. Low recoil and no flash

lloydkristmas
08-07-10, 17:02
When I used a buddy's PS90 for rabbit hunting and multiple rabbits needed multiple shots to put down, I figured the caliber was less than ideal for people-killin'

Its a cool gun with some real top class engineering involved, but I cant help but question its usefulness as a civilian defense weapon

kalikraven
08-07-10, 17:07
With the right ammo the PS90 is very capable if you have good shot placement. Speaking of that I imagine that good shot placement would be difficult on a small animal such as a rabbit.

lloydkristmas
08-07-10, 17:11
With the right ammo the PS90 is very capable if you have good shot placement. Speaking of that I imagine that good shot placement would be difficult on a small animal such as a rabbit.

True, on both accounts

Though the factory loaded FN ammo does suck pretty bad, shame we get the neutered stuff

Business_Casual
08-07-10, 17:17

On what do you base those assertions? If you have personal experience using the PS90, that contradicts the experience of many professionals who have found it lacking, I'm sure people would like to hear it.

B_C

ShipWreck
08-07-10, 17:55
On what do you base those assertions? If you have personal experience using the PS90, that contradicts the experience of many professionals who have found it lacking, I'm sure people would like to hear it.

B_C

I've had the gun for 4 years, and was even prev the admin of the Fn Forum. For every neg report or "story," there is a positive one. I've seen posts on both sides of the aisle over the years.

I personally like the 197 ammo. The fragmentation does a pretty good job in several of the tests I have seen people perform over the years.

I think the weapon platform does have its place. I'm satisfied with it. People who are not don't have to own it.

kalikraven
08-07-10, 18:11
It's good enuff for the Secret Service...

TOrrock
08-07-10, 19:18
Wish they made it in 9mm.

Cagemonkey
08-07-10, 19:23
Wish they made it in 9mm.How about .30 Cal. carbine?

TOrrock
08-07-10, 19:32
How about .30 Cal. carbine?

Even better, but then it starts to get bulked up. And more expensive to shoot.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. FN's not going to do anything other than the 5.7mm.

ShipWreck
08-07-10, 20:17
Yes, I do not think they will ever make that weapon in another caliber.

lloydkristmas
08-07-10, 22:25
They should make it in .22 Magnum......

oh wait....

:p