PDA

View Full Version : Heinie Slant Pro's- What rear notch width are you running?

Kisara
06-24-07, 23:43
I've read a lot of threads here praising the Slant Pros and Straight 8 versions, but no real talk about what choice of the 3 rear widths offered. This pistol plays double duty for family fun at the range and as a home defense weapon. I'm considering the same sight set-up for a P226 which is also used for the same rolls. Neither will be used in a "Duty" or CCW capacity.

Standard width: .125
Optional width: .140
"Race" option: .156

Thanks for your opinions. As a member here (VaDinger?) once said, its nice to ask a Glock question here without all the BS put-down answers you get on GT.

dubb-1
06-24-07, 23:50
I like .140ish rear notches. My eyes are exceptional, but anything that aids in quicker sight alignment is a good thing.;)

Evan_O
06-25-07, 00:29
Well I was unaware that they came in more than one width. I have a set on a Glock that rarely is used but when it is I have no problem with what I believe are the standard width. I suppose it would all depend on ones eye sight though. Sorry I'm not much help here. I will say you won't be disappointed with them. They really are great sights!

subzero
06-25-07, 10:18
My eyes = not so good. That having been said, I have no problem with the standard notch. I've tried a .140, and I felt like I was giving up accuracy for speed, but not a lot of speed. That is to say, I wasn't gaining enough to keep up with what I felt I was losing.

Of course that's just me. There are plenty of people who like wide notches and shoot much faster and more accurately than I do.

TheDutchman
06-25-07, 10:49
Race cuts, and I love them.

Barry in IN
06-25-07, 11:15
I've only used the standard and .140.
I have the .140 on one of my carry guns and love it. It has a front sight with a vertical gold bar insert, and I think they work great together- The front sight is easy enough to pick up in most light/conditions that I don't feel I need to go to an even bigger notch.

Mojo58
10-29-07, 23:38
The T.H.U.G. featured in the last Combat Tactics magazine by Nyeti indicated that the T.H.U.G. was equipped with Heinie Slant Pros with a wide notch and a wide front blade sight. The T.H.U.G. is similar to what I look for in a fighting pistol (based on the article). Is anyone aware of the width of the rear notch on this pistol. I've never considered rear notch width on my pistols and wasn't aware that this could be specified when choosing sights. Can anyone educate me about the advantages and disadvantages of wide rear notches? Thanks.

MR.J
10-30-07, 10:45
Kisara,
I have the Standard width on both of my glocks.I have good eye sight so i dont have any issues.I also use my glocks for the same reasons you are listing and I think you would be best served with the Standard width.Good luck.

Don Robison
10-30-07, 10:57
I've only got one set on a Commander at the moment. I use the standard width, but may try the .140 width on my next Government project.