PDA

View Full Version : Serial Army phony at it again

-Wes-
08-08-10, 19:23
http://georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49635

Don't know what to say...

Belmont31R
08-08-10, 19:44
Should have told people he was in the 10th Special Donut Procurement Forces Group......what the **** was that guy thinking?

GermanSynergy
08-08-10, 20:00
Impersonating SF/ Ranger and an MP Captain? What a ****ing tool...:rolleyes:

All of the above are easy to verify / substantiate, and he should be prosecuted for Stolen Valor (if still applicable) and impersonating an LEO...

rickrock305
08-08-10, 20:13
this picture...http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/astar5/4.jpg

made my day. him looking all mad and dejected after being called out and stripped. what a turd. glad that guy took him to task for it.

SeriousStudent
08-08-10, 20:19
Dump his ass in the middle of the woods during Robin Sage.

Let him find out first hand what real Soldiers can do.

GermanSynergy
08-08-10, 20:21
Dump his ass in the middle of the woods during Robin Sage.

Let him find out first hand what real Soldiers can do.

He'd probably go into shock after being donut deprived for 2 hrs....:angry:

kry226
08-08-10, 20:40
I don't even know what to say.

This dude has lots of issues and needs professional help.

chadbag
08-08-10, 20:55
When I was a kid growing up in Mass (north central), we went to church with people from Ft. Devens. The 10SF had some units stationed there and several of them went to our church and were active with our Boy Scouts unit (we did some fun stuff as Boy Scouts like using the base rappelling tower, building all sorts of non standard rope bridges camping etc). None of them looked like this guy even though some of them were past 20 years in and were no longer young sprouts.

SeriousStudent
08-08-10, 21:18
He'd probably go into shock after being donut deprived for 2 hrs....:angry:

So for once they get to hunt some easy prey. I don't mind that a bit.

CarlosDJackal
08-08-10, 21:25
Some definite red flags: The "Special Forces" tab above the SF Arrowhead on his right sleeve and a 2-star CIB.

Can impersonating a Military Policeman be a felony? Anyone?

I can't believe someone who is such a fatass actually thought he could fool everyone?

m4fun
08-08-10, 21:33
wow - what a fricken turd bag. They say impersonating is the fondess method of admiration, but here it is not.

Great work ousting his ass by that NCO.

kaiservontexas
08-08-10, 22:28
OMG it is Pile! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVA-cqASg8k

I could not resist after seeing that picture.

jklaughrey
08-08-10, 22:36
Did the "Skipper" eat "Gilligan"!

variablebinary
08-09-10, 01:55
What's wrong with this uniform? Anyone care to point out the mistakes :p

And no, I dont mean disgusting fat body in it...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/astar5/6.jpg

jklaughrey
08-09-10, 02:16
If this pogue wants to be a decorated soldier so much we should give him a chance. Drop him into combat, and our enemies will laugh so hard at his appearance that it will distract them enough so the real soldiers can kill the opposing force.

bkb0000
08-09-10, 03:33
looks like it's good ol' Billy Clark.. the same asshole who showed up at the i-40 bridge collapse and managed to convince everyone he was "in charge" for a couple days. he'd only just been released from prison a few months before. he was arrested and convicted of his many crimes during that fiasco, again, and served something like 6ish years, i think... and now here he is again.

freaken a.... might be time to just go ahead and take this guy out back. ****in freak.

ThirdWatcher
08-09-10, 03:34

I've never seen an Special Forces MP. I served as an MP at Ft. Bragg in the mid-1970's (before they issued badges) and we NEVER wore our MP brassards when we weren't on duty. In addition, I think the MPs now wear a velcro 'MP' tab on their ACUs (and not badges).

As far as the SF stuff, they spent most of their time on Smoke Bomb Hill when I was at Bragg so I didn't see much of them. Being mostly NCOs and Officers they took care of their own problems so we didn't interact with them very much.

kry226
08-09-10, 07:51

And no, I dont mean disgusting fat body in it...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/astar5/6.jpg

Scare-me badges have the wrong spacing.

No skill tab goes above SSI-FWTS patch; should be "Airborne" tab.

Not sure, but never seen MP "badge" worn on ACUs.

Unauthorized faddish sunglasses.

Doesn't present a neat, military appearance.

Should I go on??? :sarcastic:

Alex V
08-09-10, 08:13
Never understood why people do that... I mean I bought some woodland camo to play paintball in, but I am not about to put rank and other shit on it and stroll down the street. If I do, any one of you has the permission to kick my ass!

Something went wrong with that guy's brain...

Gutshot John
08-09-10, 08:17
The "Special Forces" tab above the SF Arrowhead on his right sleeve

As a squid (we didn't even get an American flag patch on our cammies) I ask out of complete ignorance...

Why is it wrong?

What should it be?

kry226
08-09-10, 10:28
As a squid (we didn't even get an American flag patch on our cammies) I ask out of complete ignorance...

Why is it wrong?

What should it be?

John, see my post above. The unit patch on the right sleeve denotes participation with said unit in a combat theater where the operation lasts more than 30 days. The SF tab is not part of any SF or other unit patch, it is a special skill tab. The patch for an SF unit is the arrowhead with the Airborne tab immediately above, since every SF Group is an airborne unit. That is what should be on his right sleeve, assuming he actually served with said unit in a combat theater. Special skill tabs like SF or Ranger (Airborne tab is not a special skill tab, nor is the Mountain tab as in 10th Mountain Division) are worn on the left sleeve above the current unit patch.

He is wearing the National Colors correctly on the uniform.

Don Robison
08-09-10, 11:11
looks like it's good ol' Billy Clark.. the same asshole who showed up at the i-40 bridge collapse and managed to convince everyone he was "in charge" for a couple days. he'd only just been released from prison a few months before. he was arrested and convicted of his many crimes during that fiasco, again, and served something like 6ish years, i think... and now here he is again.

freaken a.... might be time to just go ahead and take this guy out back. ****in freak.

After following the original thread on the other board apparently it is him.

GermanSynergy
08-09-10, 11:27
As a general rule, your rank & file Army MP's are not issued badges, nor do they wear them.

Military Police Investigations (MPI) and Criminal Investigation Division (CID) (who are a different entity altogether, and are not classified as 31 series) personnel do carry badges.

In BDU's we had black brassards with unit patch worn on left arm while conducting LE operations while in garrison, or corresponding green/tan ones while deployed downrange and worn during convoy ops, MSR recons, etc.

A Captain does not generally work LE, unless designated as the military police duty officer (normally a senior NCO or LT), and there is no way this turd could be mistaken for an MP, Ranger or Special Forces operator. I don't think they make duty belts for size 66 waists....

I've never seen an Special Forces MP. I served as an MP at Ft. Bragg in the mid-1970's (before they issued badges) and we NEVER wore our MP brassards when we weren't on duty. In addition, I think the MPs now wear a velcro 'MP' tab on their ACUs (and not badges).

As far as the SF stuff, they spent most of their time on Smoke Bomb Hill when I was at Bragg so I didn't see much of them. Being mostly NCOs and Officers they took care of their own problems so we didn't interact with them very much.

CarlosDJackal
08-09-10, 11:31

Why is it wrong?

What should it be?

The Arrowhead patch is a unit patch and the correct tab to be worn with is is the "Airborne" tab which (usually) identifies the unit as one that have Jump Slots (NOTE: Just because someone is wearing a unit patch that incorporates the Airborne tab it doesn't mean that the individual wearing it is a Paratrooper).

The "Special Forces" tab is a skill identifier. It means that the individual wearing it has graduated (attended, successfully completed, AND was awarded the skill identifier) from the Special Forces Qualification Course at Fort Bragg, NC. Likewise the Ranger tab identifies someone who has graduated the US Army's Ranger School at Fort Benning, GA. Attending is not enough to wear these tabs.

You'd think that someone who is going to be a poser would take the time to actually research this type of information.

Fyrhazzrd
08-09-10, 12:15
(NOTE: Just because someone is wearing a unit patch that incorporates the Airborne tab it doesn't mean that the individual wearing it is a Paratrooper).

Unless it's the 82nd. When I was stationed at for Bragg I was assigned to the 82nd. I refused to go to jump school, because my knees were already trashed. So they reassigned me to a different unit. I don't know if it's the same today as it was back then. But back then the 82nd was 100% airborne qualified.

A good friend of mine was also assigned to the 82nd. He got injured pretty bad on a jump and lost his jump status. Then they reassigned him as well.

And I don't know this to be fact or not, but I also believe the 101st was 100% air assault qualified.

And the above quote is especially true if it is warn on the right sleeve. I was in a support unit for Desert Storm. The unit patch we had to wear on our right sleeve when we got back was a unit I was never in, and it did have an airborne tab.

kry226
08-09-10, 13:57
Unless it's the 82nd. When I was stationed at for Bragg I was assigned to the 82nd. I refused to go to jump school, because my knees were already trashed. So they reassigned me to a different unit. I don't know if it's the same today as it was back then. But back then the 82nd was 100% airborne qualified.

A good friend of mine was also assigned to the 82nd. He got injured pretty bad on a jump and lost his jump status. Then they reassigned him as well.

And I don't know this to be fact or not, but I also believe the 101st was 100% air assault qualified.
And the above quote is especially true if it is warn on the right sleeve. I was in a support unit for Desert Storm. The unit patch we had to wear on our right sleeve when we got back was a unit I was never in, and it did have an airborne tab.

101st is not. Sheer numbers prevent attaining 100%, not to mention that, like every other school I've been to, not everyone graduates Air Assault School.

CarlosDJackal
08-09-10, 14:46

Just to clarify my previous statement - what I am saying is just because someone is wearing an Airborne tab as part of their unit patch it doesn't mean they are Jump Qualified. You can be assigned to an Airborne unit without being Airborne Qualified just as you can be assigned to an SFG without being SF (they need REMFs too :lazy:).

However, most Airborne units do require that you eventually attend and complete the Basic Airborne Course or you're gonna be transferred out.

As far as someone wearing a Combat Patch that has an Airborne tab has to be qualified - there are quite a few members of my unit who are doing just that. Being in a Specialty that routinely has us attached individually or by teams to various units (to include SF and other SOCOM units); we have quite a few Soldiers who have not made it to Airborne School but are sporting Combat Patches that do have Airborne tabs.

variablebinary
08-09-10, 19:38
...we have quite a few Soldiers who have not made it to Airborne School but are sporting Combat Patches that do have Airborne tabs.

That's 90% of my unit now. Nearly everyone is sporting a 101st combat patch, but only a small fraction have been to jump school.

Cascades236
08-09-10, 19:50
Paint him purple and let him impersonate Barney. This pear shaped dipshit couldn't fight his way out of a Doritos bag.

Alex V
08-10-10, 09:14
I have a question for the .mil guys.

Why is this guy and others like him able to just go online and buy this stuff. I understand buying ACUs and such, but being able to buy ribbons and things of that nature....

Thats just wrong...

tampam4
08-10-10, 09:31
how anybody actually believed he was active duty SF is beyond me. Absolutely disgusting.

I don't know the availability of regulation ribbons, badges and tabs online, but I know a lot of these guys get their stuff off of actual .mil bases. Maybe came in with a friend or family member, or are actually part of the service themselves, but feel like the title of chaplain isn't badass enough and buy some extra goodies.... Every time I go to Macdill, it seems like the only insignia consistently out of stock in the shop are tridents:rolleyes:

Why is this guy and others like him able to just go online and buy this stuff. I understand buying ACUs and such, but being able to buy ribbons and things of that nature....

Thats just wrong...

Alex V
08-10-10, 10:22
how anybody actually believed he was active duty SF is beyond me. Absolutely disgusting.

I don't know the availability of regulation ribbons, badges and tabs online, but I know a lot of these guys get their stuff off of actual .mil bases. Maybe came in with a friend or family member, or are actually part of the service themselves, but feel like the title of chaplain isn't badass enough and buy some extra goodies.... Every time I go to Macdill, it seems like the only insignia consistently out of stock in the shop are tridents:rolleyes:

So anyone can just walk into a store on base and as long as they are in the military can guy whatever ribbon they desire? I don't see how they should be for sale at all. If you earned it, it is given to you.

Just seems like this is too easy.

I might as well start walking around with my grandfather's WW2 Soviet military medals... :rolleyes:

This guy really needs a beat down.

kry226
08-10-10, 10:40

Thats just wrong...

Take a look here, Alex... http://www.rangerjoes.com/-c-700.html

The true answer: who the heck knows? However, we do live in a free country, and what I have learned over the years is that a country's measure of freedom can often (not always) be found in its amount of crime. Hope that makes at least a little sense.

kry226
08-10-10, 10:46
So anyone can just walk into a store on base and as long as they are in the military can guy whatever ribbon they desire? I don't see how they should be for sale at all. If you earned it, it is given to you.

I might as well start walking around with my grandfather's WW2 Soviet military medals... :rolleyes:

Part of the problem too stems from the fact that ribbons are notoriously fragile and need to be replaced often, depending on how often you wear dress uniforms, etc.

SteyrAUG
08-10-10, 13:01

Thats just wrong...

Because it usually does no harm. Reenactors use them, Hollywood uses them, kids playing army use them. There is nothing wrong with people being able to buy these things.

There is something wrong when somebody goes out and passes them self off as something they are not. This is true of city employees, inspectors, cops and military personnel.

Belmont31R
08-10-10, 13:26

Because it doesn't make any sense for every unit supply room to have a full selection of ribbons, and the supply system is sucky enough for it to not be reliable to get everyone everything they need.

Its also why enlisted get a uniform allowance.

The small numbers of people wearing ribbons and whatever that they didn't earn isn't a good reason to make getting ribbons a serious pain in the ass.

Ive had to order stuff online because the uniform store just didn't stock what I needed. There are so many unit patches, branch insignia, etc that generally the uniform stores only stock patches from around the area or really common units like division. My last unit was not in a big 10 division, and if Id PCS'd to another post they would not have had my patch.

What always cracked me up is all the general officer level rank the uniform stores had. In Germany my post was only a couple thousand people, and we had 4 star general rank in our tiny uniform store. How many 4 star generals are in Germany? The highest on our post was 2 star, and we had two 1 stars. The deputy division cmdr and the post cmdr. So 3 general officers on post, and had they had probably 40+ GO star sets on the racks.

Fyrhazzrd
08-10-10, 13:41

They only give you 1 ribbon. Any additional ribbons are your responsibility. You will need minimum 2 sets of ribbons. One for your Class A's, and one for your Class B's. Yes you can swap them back and forth, but nobody wants to have to take the time to line up your ribbons every time you go from Class A to Class B. Also as was mentioned earlier. These things tend to get messed up. IE things getting spilled on them, or torn. Sometimes you just need to replace them to keep them looking fresh. Nobody wants to walk around with faded ribbons.

Then there are people like me, who keeps extra sets. I used to keep 3 or 4 full sets. I can't tell you how many times I would be out and about and half way through the night someone would tell me I'm missing a ribbon. I hate it when they just fall off :( Also I would keep a set for inspections, as well as a set for my display case at home.

Skyyr
08-10-10, 14:21
This might be a dumb question, but do you HAVE to wear your medals and ribbons? I think it might be quite satisfactory to go in looking like a nobody, only to have everyone that sneered at you to find out you've accomplished more than all of them put together.

CarlosDJackal
08-10-10, 14:37
That's 90% of my unit now. Nearly everyone is sporting a 101st combat patch, but only a small fraction have been to jump school.

While it usually does have some Airborne elements, the 101st ABN hasn't been an Airborne Division since Vietnam. If I remember it right, the 1/9th CAV was one of the last non-LRSD or Pathfinder units that were on Jump Status and that ended around 1986 (God I'm old!!).

The 101st DIV has maintained the Airborne tab as part of the unit patch for traditional reasons.

CarlosDJackal
08-10-10, 14:42
This might be a dumb question, but do you HAVE to wear your medals and ribbons? I think it might be quite satisfactory to go in looking like a nobody, only to have everyone that sneered at you to find out you've accomplished more than all of them put together.

Depends on which uniform you are talking about and the unit SOP. When wearing the dress uniform you are supposed to wear all your awards and skill badges. ACUs do not require it so unless dictated by unit SOP.

My unit requires that, as a minimum, all Airborne-qualified personnel must wear their Airborne Badge when in a garrison environment. Regardless of one's rank, anyone who does not do so can get dogged by the BN CSM. But once we take off the Maroon beret and switch to PASGT (yes we still get issued those), ACH or Patrol Cap we are to required to remove all the "bling".

As big a pin in the ass it is to have to pin on all my badges (Aviation, Airborne, and Air Assault) I do when in garrison so because my philosophy is I either wear them all or none at all. ;)

CarlosDJackal
08-10-10, 14:45
So anyone can just walk into a store on base and as long as they are in the military can guy whatever ribbon they desire? I don't see how they should be for sale at all. If you earned it, it is given to you...

This is because some of us have to buy this stuff because the Army would spend OUR money changing battle uniforms every few years than issue a Soldier what they need or are required to wear. As an Officer I have to buy everything - uniforms, head gear, badges, ribbons, etc. I am a little perturbed that I may have to buy the replacement for the ACU soon only to have to buy its replacement not long after that!! :mad:

Skyyr
08-10-10, 14:46
When wearing the dress uniform you are supposed to wear all your awards and skill badges.

Any idea as to why? What if one refused?

Call me rebellious, but why should one be "forced" to wear what they earned on their own? I can easily understand rank and badges, but awards and ribbons? If they had never excelled in the first place, they wouldn't have won them, so shouldn't it be up to the individual?

Sorry for the seemingly OT questions. I'll most be contracting (depending on my placement next summer) at the end of 2011/start of 2012, so I'm just curious. I prefer discreetness and I'd hate to be "forced" to wear something I earned due to my own effort.

Fyrhazzrd
08-10-10, 15:03

Call me rebellious, but why should one be "forced" to wear what they earned on their own? I can easily understand rank and badges, but awards and ribbons? If they had never excelled in the first place, they wouldn't have won them, so shouldn't it be up to the individual?

Sorry for the seemingly OT questions. I'll most be contracting (depending on my placement next summer) at the end of 2011/start of 2012, so I'm just curious. I prefer discreetness and I'd hate to be "forced" to wear something I earned due to my own effort.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but I'm just quoting something a DI told me.

"If the Army wanted you to have a brain we would have issued you one" You as a troop are not allowed to have an opinion, thought or suggestion.

Every unit SOP I was in required you to wear every ribbon that you have been awarded. During inspection they would have every individuals list of awards and made sure you were wearing everything, and in the correct order.

And also the more ribbons you earn the harder it is to pass inspections. Everyone who has three or more rows of ribbons screws the order up at least once. :)

And like I said before, if you lose one which happens. It's a bitch trying to figure out which one you lost. LOL

Alex V
08-10-10, 15:04
Take a look here, Alex... http://www.rangerjoes.com/-c-700.html

The true answer: who the heck knows? However, we do live in a free country, and what I have learned over the years is that a country's measure of freedom can often (not always) be found in its amount of crime. Hope that makes at least a little sense.

Makes perfect sence to me. Give an inch, they take a mile.

But this damn near bordering on the 'sacred" you know? Clearly I am not in the military, but not a day goes by that I don't regret not going to the USNA when I got accepted. People gave their lives wearing that uniform, things like that should not be that easy to aquire.

Part of the problem too stems from the fact that ribbons are notoriously fragile and need to be replaced often, depending on how often you wear dress uniforms, etc.

I understand, and I know a system of checking if you actualy earned such a credential before you can buy a ribbon would be a PITA but there has to be a way to keep track.

Because it usually does no harm. Reenactors use them, Hollywood uses them, kids playing army use them. There is nothing wrong with people being able to buy these things.

There is something wrong when somebody goes out and passes them self off as something they are not. This is true of city employees, inspectors, cops and military personnel.

I can understand that, but a kid playing with this friends in the back yard does not need to have the Navy Distinguished Flying Cross on his uniform to complete the fantacy.

They only give you 1 ribbon. Any additional ribbons are your responsibility. You will need minimum 2 sets of ribbons. One for your Class A's, and one for your Class B's. Yes you can swap them back and forth, but nobody wants to have to take the time to line up your ribbons every time you go from Class A to Class B. Also as was mentioned earlier. These things tend to get messed up. IE things getting spilled on them, or torn. Sometimes you just need to replace them to keep them looking fresh. Nobody wants to walk around with faded ribbons.

Then there are people like me, who keeps extra sets. I used to keep 3 or 4 full sets. I can't tell you how many times I would be out and about and half way through the night someone would tell me I'm missing a ribbon. I hate it when they just fall off :( Also I would keep a set for inspections, as well as a set for my display case at home.

This is because some of us have to buy this stuff because the Army would spend OUR money changing battle uniforms every few years than issue a Soldier what they need or are required to wear. As an Officer I have to buy everything - uniforms, head gear, badges, ribbons, etc. I am a little perturbed that I may have to buy the replacement for the ACU soon only to have to buy its replacement not long after that!! :mad:

Once again, you earned it you others like you should be allowed to wear it.

When I bought ammo from AIM Surplus they asked for me to e-mail them a scan of my NJ Fire Arms Purchase ID card. If someone buys a ribbon online, knowing what it means, and knowing the sacrafice someone made to earn it, some proof should be asked in order to prevent douches like that guy from getting stuff on a goof that you gave blood, sweat and tears to get.

Skyyr
08-10-10, 15:06
I don't want to sound like an ass, but I'm just quoting something a DI told me.

"If the Army wanted you to have a brain we would have issued you one" You as a troop are not allowed to have an opinion, thought or suggestion.

Every unit SOP I was in required you to wear every ribbon that you have been awarded. During inspection they would have every individuals list of awards and made sure you were wearing everything, and in the correct order.

And also the more ribbons you earn the harder it is to pass inspections. Everyone who has three or more rows of ribbons screws the order up at least once. :)

And like I said before, if you lose one which happens. It's a bitch trying to figure out which one you lost. LOL

Makes sense. Thanks man!

SteyrAUG
08-10-10, 15:32
I can understand that, but a kid playing with this friends in the back yard does not need to have the Navy Distinguished Flying Cross on his uniform to complete the fantacy.

Suppose that kid had a Grandfather who earned one, who wanted to give him one for his birthday but not hand over the original just yet.

ThirdWatcher
08-10-10, 16:43

Because it's a military uniform and it should be worn with pride.

Skyyr
08-10-10, 16:51
Because it's a military uniform and it should be worn with pride.

For me, that's not good enough. I've accomplished a good number of braggable things in my relatively short time in life (I'm 26), but I don't enjoy wearing them on my chest for all to see. Many people could probably say the same.

I share what's important to me with those I deem important enough to know. I don't like being "required" to parade around like a peacock just because "that's the way things are done." I prefer to look like an average Joe and save my accomplishments for those who truly know me. But I digress...

Fyrhazzrd
08-10-10, 18:03
For me, that's not good enough. I've accomplished a good number of braggable things in my relatively short time in life (I'm 26), but I don't enjoy wearing them on my chest for all to see. Many people could probably say the same.

I share what's important to me with those I deem important enough to know. I don't like being "required" to parade around like a peacock just because "that's the way things are done." I prefer to look like an average Joe and save my accomplishments for those who truly know me. But I digress...

Then you don't want to join the military. Every other week in Garrison is a horse and pony show. Someone is always retiring or changing duty stations. So you get paraded around for all to see.

kry226
08-10-10, 18:36
While it usually does have some Airborne elements, the 101st ABN hasn't been an Airborne Division since Vietnam. If I remember it right, the 1/9th CAV was one of the last non-LRSD or Pathfinder units that were on Jump Status and that ended around 1986 (God I'm old!!).

The 101st DIV has maintained the Airborne tab as part of the unit patch for traditional reasons.

Correct, the tab is traditional now for the 101st. There are currently two Pathfinder companies, and I believe a rigger unit (that I am aware) which are still currently on jump status, along with the Division command group. Must be nice to be at the top.

BrianS
08-10-10, 18:58
looks like it's good ol' Billy Clark.. the same asshole who showed up at the i-40 bridge collapse and managed to convince everyone he was "in charge" for a couple days.

There is something more screwed up with our society and government then there is with this guy when some random idiot is able to show up at a disaster and convince people he is in charge. This means nobody knew who was really in charge and none of the people in leadership roles there had the sense to challenge some random guy showing up and asserting authority. I also have to agree with his own self assessment that he is mentally ill. I think putting him in some kind of involuntary mental health treatment facility would be a better waste of our tax dollars than in Federal prison.

RogerinTPA
08-10-10, 23:03
What a complete douche bag. People like him should be outed on local news outlets and billboards. This is another reason I avoid gun shows.

-Wes-
08-11-10, 01:39
I remember chiefs wearing only their top row of ribbons when in their working khaki's.

...someone would tell me I'm missing a ribbon. I hate it when they just fall off.

Yep, a seatbelt knocking one off or a sea bag strap.

Collegefour
08-11-10, 02:46

My take on this, having served three years active duty in the USNR back in the late 80's, is that it is an "attention to detail" thing. The military is always looking for little ways to evaluate you, so they can figure out how much leadership potential you have and promote you accordingly. If you can and will do the simple things (correctly), then you can be trusted to do the complex and important things.

ThirdWatcher
08-11-10, 04:20
You're probably right, Collegefour.

I have always respected the military uniform. I grew up as the son of a Chief Petty Officer (Submarine Service) and believe me, attention to detail was very important to him... I miss him every day now. When it came time to wear my own uniform (in my case Army) it just came natural to wear it properly. Every time the Warrior Princesses come home for a visit, I have them bring their Class A's and we then make a trip to the photo studio.

A warrior is not an individual, he's a member of a team and the uniform of our warriors must be respected.