PDA

View Full Version : KAC rail panel question

sabresbrs
08-08-10, 20:05
I have a troy 7 inch drop in battle rail. I want to put KAC rail panels on it. Do I need 11 rib to cover it? Where can I find these at the best price? TIA

mvician
08-08-10, 20:37
Yes, the 11 rib panel will cover a carbine rail.
Black panels can be found on most forums sales areas used. They can also be found on "auction" sites. New prices run around $20 a panel.

WEC
08-08-10, 20:39
Used black ones are readily available on classified sections of many gun forums.

If you want new ones, especially in the harder to find colors, I recommend Lawmens.

markm
08-09-10, 11:26
These things are so ridiculously priced...

The funny thing is my wife's nephew (in the Marines) is like... "we throw those things away all the time." :eek: I don't know how they've remained so artificially over valued for so long.

hellbound
08-09-10, 14:06
These things are so ridiculously priced...

The funny thing is my wife's nephew (in the Marines) is like... "we throw those things away all the time." :eek: I don't know how they've remained so artificially over valued for so long.

i always wondered the same thing, they aren't even that great. for a while i liked how low profile they were, but after a few hundred rounds the little clips would loosen up on me, i've since switched to XTM panels and LT index clips.

after talking to some friends who are big into airsoft milsim stuff, my guess is that the airsofters keep the authentic KAC panels and VFGs in such high demand that KAC has no incentive to drop the prices. makes no sense to me to buy a chicom airsoft RAS then trim it with real KAC gear, then again i've seen airsoft with LT mounts and real optics... :confused:

Dos Cylindros
08-09-10, 14:19
I have been using the ones that came on my URXII rail and while they are nice, they are very limiting. You can only "clip" them to certain points on most rails which is dumb. I will probably switch mine out with full XTM's or tangow down SCAR panels which allow you to use any slot on the rail.

Grease Monkey
08-09-10, 15:46
I have a troy 7 inch drop in battle rail. I want to put KAC rail panels on it. Do I need 11 rib to cover it? Where can I find these at the best price? TIA

Check our equipment exchange in rails and accesories.

kdcgrohl
08-10-10, 13:23
I have been using the ones that came on my URXII rail and while they are nice, they are very limiting. You can only "clip" them to certain points on most rails which is dumb. I will probably switch mine out with full XTM's or tangow down SCAR panels which allow you to use any slot on the rail.

Actually...

I never "clip" them where they are supposed to be. If you just slide them to a non cut out rail slot, and "pop" one side of the clip up with a flatblade, it will be the tightest rail panel you've ever used. No movement. ;)

macnamara
08-10-10, 13:48
XTMs are just as expensive if not more so that KAC panels, especially when you're covering a larger area or rail.

I've had no problems with the KACs and can recommend them. Check eBay, Lightfighter.net and this forum, etc for used panel sets. There are always good deals on the panels, VFGs and cases going around.

ca_fireman19
08-19-10, 23:11
A large variety of sizes (and colors) are available on eBay for really good prices.