PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Ninja's Can Sleep....

Oscar 319
08-09-10, 10:53
http://www.gotchapod.com/

This has got to be the worst thing since the light rail mounted pistol bayonet.

montanadave
08-09-10, 11:12
I particularly like the photo of the scoped revolver stored bedside 'cuz ya just never know when you're gonna need to take a 100 yard shot from under the covers.

orionz06
08-09-10, 11:25
Somewhere there are people buying these like hot cakes.

jklaughrey
08-09-10, 13:44
Just when you think you have seen it all...along comes a "As seen on TV" product to part the teeming masses of their money. Lemmings I tell you, lemmings!

SteyrAUG
08-09-10, 13:49
So if I'm reading this right...

I plug the barrel of a loaded gun, crown first, with what looks like a metal rod?

pilotguyo540
08-09-10, 14:00
Its all cute till you take that thing in the ass or it rips your leg open.

montanadave
08-09-10, 14:01
So if I'm reading this right...

I plug the barrel of a loaded gun, crown first, with what looks like a metal rod?

From the manufacturer's website:

Will the Pistol Pod mar or scratch my barrel?

NO, the only structures of the pistol pod that are exposed to the firearm engaged therewith are constructed from non-marring materials such as rubber, plastic, and carbon; therefore, eliminating any chance of damage to the muzzle or barrel of a firearm engaged with the device. In addition to the plastic and carbon materials of the support structure, there is a rubber bushing that supports the muzzle of the firearm and reinforces the potential of scratching or nicking of the firearm. [italics added]

A metal rod? Well, that would just be silly.

SW-Shooter
08-09-10, 14:58
Hey color me stupid, I think it is a great idea(with a few modifications). I keep a 'unchambered' gun on the nightstand.

I don't have carpet crawlers, so no safety issue's. This would put the gun within reach.

The reason I don't have a chambered gun while I sleep is because I've "accidentally" picked up my Ruger GP100 to turn off the car alarm. Don't ask me why I did, I guess I was tired. That was back in the early 90's when I didn't know then what I do know now.

Complication
08-09-10, 16:30
I won't buy a Got-Cha "Pod" but everyone will know I'm serious business when I show up at my next carbine class with one of those florescent t-shirts--if only they came in FDE...

"The Pistol Pod allows for instantaneous accessibility when in the comfort of your secure bed."
#1) Your bed must not be that secure if you need a pistol to defend yourself.
#2) Unless they're about to start selling the Got-Cha Mattress. Get the drop on your enemies as they shoot into what they think is a soft mattress but is really a steel-reinforced fortress of DOOM!

"Most people don’t know what to do with a self-defense weapon (pistol), so when the time comes to defend their loved ones, they either don’t remember where they last put their weapon or it’s in an awkward spot for any kind of quick response."
So we're going to give people who don't have any clue what they're doing with their gun easy and instantaneous (I don't think that word means what they think it means) access to it?

Captains1911
08-09-10, 17:19
Yeah, that's pretty dumb. I thought those bed side holsters were foolish, but this one takes the cake.

SeriousStudent
08-09-10, 17:53
I saw one for sale on the Equipment Exchange on TOS.

:D

SteyrAUG
08-09-10, 18:17
Is a nightstand drawer really that much harder to access?

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-09-10, 21:10
I like it but I'm a geek. I would have to unload it when I'm doing my plumbing or it could get tossed and go bang.

Avenger29
08-10-10, 01:26
Only one question...do they make one that works with the Taurus Judge? :lol:

Oscar 319
08-10-10, 09:15
Only one question...do they make one that works with the Taurus Judge? :lol:

Awesome.

QuickStrike
08-10-10, 16:47
LOL@the scoped super redhawk. :dance3:

Bubba FAL
08-10-10, 21:33
"Most people don’t know what to do with a self-defense weapon (pistol), so when the time comes to defend their loved ones, they either don’t remember where they last put their weapon or it’s in an awkward spot for any kind of quick response."

LOL, that's a classic, wonder who wrote this gem of wisdom?

No.6
08-10-10, 21:50
So let me get this straight... if I order one, I can sleep better at night. If I sleep better at night, this makes me a Ninja. I always wanted to be a Ninja....

13F3OL7
08-11-10, 00:41
So, if I buy this, I too can become a ninja without years of training? I think I'll pass on this one and stick with my nightstand drawer.

mr_smiles
08-11-10, 02:45
My pillows are super soft, so soft that I can keep a pistol under it with out feeling it. And yes it isn't chambered, I'm a heavy sleeper :lazy:, chances are if you make it into my house with out me knowing I won't know it when you make it into my bedroom. So a drawer is a bit away if your already standing over me ready to sodomize me :blink:

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
08-11-10, 21:54
Does the pod work with a highpoint 9mm cocked and ready to rock?

Does the company offer a free replacement if you blow one up after a night of sex and accidental discharge?

orionz06
08-11-10, 21:55
Does the pod work with a highpoint 9mm cocked and ready to rock?

Does the company offer a free replacement if you blow one up after a night of sex and accidental discharge?

How can an accidental discharge mess up the pod? http://m4carbine.net/images/smilies/new/nono.gif