PDA

View Full Version : Turkish groom accidentally kills wedding guests

Buckaroo
08-09-10, 18:27
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/08/09/turkey.wedding.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2

(CNN) -- Three family members at a wedding in Turkey have been accidentally shot dead by the groom firing an AK-47 rifle in celebration.

The groom, Tevfik Altin, lost control of his rifle, spraying the guests with bullets and killing his father and two aunts and injuring six others, according to CNN Turk.

It reported that Altin had been arrested after the incident in the village of Akcagoze in southeastern Turkey. Guns are often fired into the air in celebration in some parts of Turkey.

One family member, who did not give his name, told CNN: "It happened very quickly. We all tried to take cover and there was blood all over. We are all very sad right now."

The injured guests included three children aged 10, 12 and 16, according to CNN Turk.

Tragically Stupid... I wonder what the punishment will be?

Buckaroo

SteyrAUG
08-09-10, 18:33
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/08/09/turkey.wedding.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2

Tragically Stupid... I wonder what the punishment will be?

Buckaroo

They will probably drown his wife or daughter for not preventing the accident.

Alex V
08-10-10, 10:28
They will probably drown his wife or daughter for not preventing the accident.

Its Turkey, not Saudi Arabia...

They even allow alcohol! lol

Still, I always thought that was a retarded thing to do at a wedding lol.

To bad people had to die for that guy to figure it out.

Im sure that Turkish prison is going to be oh so much fun!

Lumpy196
08-10-10, 10:50
We'll you gotta love a country that allows AKs at weddings and alcahol!

rubberneck
08-10-10, 11:11
Reminds me of the video of the Russian guy who killed himself at a wedding when he drunkenly decided it was a smart thing to play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto.:suicide: Or the Iraqi wedding video where the father gives his young child a loaded Hi-Power to shoot in the air only to have his son shoot him accidentialy. Sometimes you just can't cure stupid but often it is a self correcting problem.

Byron
08-10-10, 11:57
No one's made a 'turkey shoot' joke yet? For shame

Nathan_Bell
08-10-10, 12:15
Reminds me of the video of the Russian guy who killed himself at a wedding when he drunkenly decided it was a smart thing to play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto.:suicide: Or the Iraqi wedding video where the father gives his young child a loaded Hi-Power to shoot in the air only to have his son shoot him accidentialy. Sometimes you just can't cure stupid but often it is a self correcting problem.

Yup. Sadly we have so many baby bumpers in our society that stupid doesn't hurt like it should.

SteyrAUG
08-10-10, 13:03
Its Turkey, not Saudi Arabia...

They even allow alcahol! lol

So they will simply beat the women instead of drowning them?

:laugh: