PDA

View Full Version : Airline Steward Loses It at JFK!

Irish
08-09-10, 19:29
So the in flight waiter loses his shit on the tarmac at JFK, cusses the passengers out over the PA system, grabs a few beers, rips the emergency exit inflatable chute, goes for a slide and gets busted banging his "partner". Now he's looking at prison time, what a day... http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Airline-Steward-at-JFK-Pulls-Emergency-Chute-Flies-Coop-100286494.html

GermanSynergy
08-09-10, 20:14
The pic of him is pretty f-in funny....:D

So the in flight waiter loses his shit on the tarmac at JFK, cusses the passengers out over the PA system, grabs a few beers, rips the emergency exit inflatable chute, goes for a slide and gets busted banging his "partner". Now he's looking at prison time, what a day... http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Airline-Steward-at-JFK-Pulls-Emergency-Chute-Flies-Coop-100286494.html

Irish
08-09-10, 21:04
The pic of him is pretty f-in funny....:D

I thought so too. I was gonna post it but I don't think we're supposed to anymore. The article stole it from his Myspace page.

halo2304
08-09-10, 21:19
Is it me or does he look like Johnny (played by Stephen Stucker) from the movie Airplane! :lol: God I love that movie!

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-09-10, 21:20
I wonder if the guys life partner knew the cops where going to stop by. Trying to figure out the smart-ass comment for the waiter on my next flight on friday.

Drudge also had the link to the story about the guy with no pants and an armless maniquen caught in-the-moment in a park. What a Monday.

pilotguyo540
08-09-10, 21:54
I had to make sure it was not someone I may have run across in my travels. That shit is awesome! I can't say I blame the guy. If I spent that much time in a jet blue plane I would freaking snap too.

rickrock305
08-09-10, 23:07
now thats going out in style!

SteyrAUG
08-10-10, 01:21
now thats going out in style!

Not too long ago quitting your job was done exactly that way. Give everyone a deserving **** you, grab a beer and bounce.

:D

Alex V
08-10-10, 08:11
Classic!

To bad the guy got in trouble! He should have a reality show on MTV instead lol

ForTehNguyen
08-10-10, 08:14
going out with a bang

VooDoo6Actual
08-10-10, 09:01
Truth is stranger than fiction...

You can't even make this stuff up.

Zhurdan
08-10-10, 09:14
Well.... he was from Queens afterall. hehe

Thomas M-4
08-10-10, 10:20
Funny as shit I bet that guy had been thinking of doing that for a while:jester: I don't think he quite thought it out completely 6 yrs.

pilotguyo540
08-10-10, 10:58
I hope the guy doesn't get crucified. As a professional traveler I sympathize. That is the funniest thing to happen in an airport in a very long time.

variablebinary
08-10-10, 11:11
Expect more people to snap at work.

American workers are treated like dog turds. Poor bastard just couldn't cope anymore.

Irish
08-10-10, 11:26
I hope the guy doesn't get crucified. As a professional traveler I sympathize. That is the funniest thing to happen in an airport in a very long time.

Typically, I fly several times a week and would like to agree with you. However, this is one of the people who's supposed to ensure the safety of the plane, crew & passengers and not endanger them. If Joe Wingnut decided he was tired of sitting inside a plane for 4 hours on the tarmac and went the same route everyone would be screaming to lynch the terrorist, or recomending him for Sainthood. ;)

His actions were completely unacceptable, and more than likely against multiple laws and FAA regulations, and he should be dealt with in the most severe form of punishment possible. After all, I hear the "post 9/11" bullshit all the time from everyone who talks about the TSA, airport security and police when people are exhibiting nothing but innocent behavior.

And yeah I still think it's pretty funny... :sarcastic:

pilotguyo540
08-10-10, 11:42
Typically, I fly several times a week and would like to agree with you. However, this is one of the people who's supposed to ensure the safety of the plane, crew & passengers and not endanger them. If Joe Wingnut decided he was tired of sitting inside a plane for 4 hours on the tarmac and went the same route everyone would be screaming to lynch the terrorist, or recomending him for Sainthood. ;)

His actions were completely unacceptable, and more than likely against multiple laws and FAA regulations, and he should be dealt with in the most severe form of punishment possible. After all, I hear the "post 9/11" bullshit all the time from everyone who talks about the TSA, airport security and police when people are exhibiting nothing but innocent behavior.

I understand and appreciate the seriousness of their job, but to me this was not a serious situation. That does not make it okay. He should be fined for damages, fired for misconduct, and then thrown back in the closet, oops! I mean, uh, sent home and not to prison. He is after all, "authorized personnel." I think in this case it would be okay to lighten up a little IMHO. Nobody was hurt or in any real danger.

Skyyr
08-10-10, 11:56

As a pilot myself, he didn't break any "hard" laws. In the spirit of the law, the only things he should be charged with is 1) unintentional destruction of property and 2) disorderly conduct, both of which should be misdemeanors or less.

The local police and airport authorities are twisting the laws to get every possible prosecutable offense they can out of them. For example, as an airline employee, he was technically authorized to be on the tarmac. However, since his role/position didn't explicitly entitle him to be there, they're treating it as criminal trespassing. That's messed up, because had he been required to go down on the tarmac to run a bag down or something similar, no one would have even cared.

For freak's sake, the passenger HIT him. She's the one that should be locked up. Yeah, the guy should be fired, but leave it at that. Stewards and stewardesses get treated like crap and make crap for a living. They should just let this go.

The girl that hit him, on the other hand, should be prosecuted in Federal court.

CarlosDJackal
08-10-10, 12:28
They should charge that foul-mouthed passenger with Assault and Battery and ban her ass from ever flying again.

The only real issue I had with what this guy did was deploy the slide which does cost a lot of money to recover. Other than that, I applaud him for doing what some of us would have probably done under the same circumstances - throw that b*tch of a passenger off the plane without first deploying the slide.

Irish
08-10-10, 12:43
For freak's sake, the passenger HIT him. She's the one that should be locked up. Yeah, the guy should be fired, but leave it at that. Stewards and stewardesses get treated like crap and make crap for a living. They should just let this go.

The girl that hit him, on the other hand, should be prosecuted in Federal court.

It sounds like we might be going from one extreme to the other. The article stated that he was hit by a piece of luggage on accident, not intentionally. Prosecuting in Federal court would be a waste of time and tax dollars for something as simple as that.

SteyrAUG
08-10-10, 12:48
Expect more people to snap at work.

American workers are treated like dog turds. Poor bastard just couldn't cope anymore.

Yep. being a consumer/customer is NOT a license to treat people poorly. Lot's of folks didn't have mommies and daddies to teach them that fact.

I never understood people who treated those lower on the social/economic ladder as inferior. In my eyes they always lowered themselves rather than demonstrate a higher standing.

Erik 1
08-10-10, 12:49
Drop all charges and make them fight it out in a cage match.

subzero
08-10-10, 13:16
Yep. being a consumer/customer is NOT a license to treat people poorly. Lot's of folks didn't have mommies and daddies to teach them that fact.

I never understood people who treated those lower on the social/economic ladder as inferior. In my eyes they always lowered themselves rather than demonstrate a higher standing.

Absolutely! Good manners don't cost a dime but they can buy you so much.

chadbag
08-10-10, 13:23
It sounds like we might be going from one extreme to the other. The article stated that he was hit by a piece of luggage on accident, not intentionally. Prosecuting in Federal court would be a waste of time and tax dollars for something as simple as that.

Some other articles seem to say that it started at the beginning of the flight and that the passenger purposefully hit him. And then it continued when the plane landed. That is what I got from some other accounts.

Hard to say here but it does seem that the passenger in the least verbally assaulted the guy and refused an air crew members instruction, which I believe is against the law.

Nathan_Bell
08-10-10, 13:23
Drop all charges and make them fight it out in a cage match.

Overhead luggage at 10 feet!:p

Skyyr
08-10-10, 14:38

I'll have to re-read it. I speed-read it and I though it said she hit him, as in purposely.

Irish
08-10-10, 14:43
I'll have to re-read it. I speed-read it and I though it said she hit him, as in purposely.

To me it sounded like two mental midgets arguing and he'd gotten fed up with his day, his job and finally said **** it! I don't blame the guy for blowing his cool, I have too, but you have to suffer the consequences of your actions.