PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to put a UBR on a Glock? Now you can!

parishioner
08-10-10, 11:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY9alZRIF88&feature=fvw

I wonder how many will buy this for their glock and not realize they just made an SBR.

Rider79
08-10-10, 11:58
My friend, who is a Class 3 dealer, has a post sample auto sear (I think that's what its called) that can be installed in a semiauto Glock that's properly modified for it. With the NFA stamp he can install a stock like this on his full auto 17. I think it'd be pretty badass and fun to shoot, so I forwarded it to him.

MookNW
08-10-10, 12:10
Anything with a sling and no manual safety seems like an awful idea.ymmv.

halo2304
08-10-10, 17:23
There's several SBR conversion kits out there and this one looks surprisingly cheezier than the one offered by the Mako group.
Damn! Watching that video, I expected him to get slide bite on his nose! :sarcastic:

Skyyr
08-10-10, 17:27
Damn! Watching that video, I expected him to get slide bite on his nose! :sarcastic:

I was thinking the same thing.

Ridge_Runner_5
08-10-10, 23:00
A 2 pound stock attached to a 2 pound gun:sarcastic:

LOKNLOD
08-10-10, 23:08
Is it just me or did that stock seem to increase recoil and muzzle flip?

At least Kevin Federline looks like he's lost some weight.

mr_smiles
08-11-10, 03:02
Why, what benefit does it have?

Rider79
08-11-10, 04:27
Just to be clear, I think this stock has no tactical benefit whatsoever, I just think it would be fun to shoot on a full-auto Glock.

vaglocker
08-11-10, 07:52
Why, what benefit does it have?

Above all the mission drives the gear. As for this, very concealable, decent ballistics and stable shooting platform. This makes a pistol a legitimate threat at 50 -100 yards IMO.

mr_smiles
08-11-10, 08:25
Above all the mission drives the gear. As for this, very concealable, decent ballistics and stable shooting platform. This makes a pistol a legitimate threat at 50 -100 yards IMO.

Dozens of modern smg's exist. No need to have a half ass one ;)

MP7 or glock 18 with a big ass stock, I'd go with the MP7, even the KRISS is probably easier to conceal and better control.

Edit, I'm really tired (couple hours of sleep in the last week) so I might sound like a jack ass and make little or no sense.

vaglocker
08-11-10, 11:32
Dozens of modern smg's exist. No need to have a half ass one ;)

MP7 or glock 18 with a big ass stock, I'd go with the MP7, even the KRISS is probably easier to conceal and better control.

Edit, I'm really tired (couple hours of sleep in the last week) so I might sound like a jack ass and make little or no sense.

"Modern" SMGs do in fact exist but can I get a dead nuts reliable one for the price of a G17 and a happy stick? Legalities aside, I could have my Glock AIWB and have the stock in a lap top bag or some other carrier. In the case of a "Mumbai" type situation you just pop the stock on your Glock. I like the concept but don't have any experience with this particular product to know whether the execution is any good.

LHS
08-12-10, 10:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY9alZRIF88&feature=fvw

I wonder how many will buy this for their glock and not realize they just made an SBR.

That was my first thought. There's no mention of the NFA requirements in that video or even the comments. Just people going "Oh dude, that's cool, I want one!"

GermanSynergy
08-12-10, 16:36
This is exactly what Glock shooters need...:rolleyes::help:

CarlosDJackal
08-12-10, 23:18
If you need something like this to make you a more accurate Glock shooter, maybe you should reconsider and spend the money on more ammo and training?

99HMC4
08-12-10, 23:30
Whats a "glock"? :dance3:

Captains1911
08-13-10, 08:05
so is that considered an SBR? if so, what would you have to do to make it legal, register the glock frame? I don't want it, just curious.

jwfuhrman
08-13-10, 08:16
That was my first thought. There's no mention of the NFA requirements in that video or even the comments. Just people going "Oh dude, that's cool, I want one!"

thats because I just tried to post saying you do realize its a SBR and blah blah blah, explaining the requirements. When I hit POST, my comment was pending approval. Which means the morons that made this arent allowing anyone to post anything like that.

CarlosDJackal
08-13-10, 09:16
so is that considered an SBR? if so, what would you have to do to make it legal, register the glock frame? I don't want it, just curious.

Yes. You have to pay the $200 tax stamp as well as somehow having the frame engraved with your name, city and state.

Once you get the approved form back, you can affix the stock as well as a VFG. I still don't see any reason to do something like this though.

halo2304
08-13-10, 22:15
I think it might be a viable option to convert a pistol to a SBR for the more rural police departments that don't the budgets of larger urban PD like LAPD & NYPD.

As for civilians, I think it'd be kinda fun to have.

jwfuhrman
08-14-10, 09:39
I got a reply to my "comment" I left on there. Like I said before, they have it setup for the comments have to be approved before they are posted.

The reply I got was "It is perfectly legal, thanks for your concern"