PDA

View Full Version : barrett REC 7

rammstein
08-10-10, 22:34
I've been looking to get a new AR but there is just so many different makes and I've ran across the barrett REC 7. I was just wanted to know if anyone has had any trigger time with one. So if you do please reply if with any information.

nickdrak
08-10-10, 22:51
I know Jeff Chudwin won one of them at the NPRC this past June. I will likely see him next week and I will ask him what his impressions are on his REC 7.

rammstein
08-11-10, 10:25
I would greatly appreciate that and what are some of the other AR would you recomend for me to check out

kac
08-11-10, 11:06
To give you some sort of meaningful reply, we would need to know what other ARs you own, what you are looking to do with it, what your price restrictions are, whether you would like to build your own, whether you are definite on a piston or not, etc.

TOrrock
08-11-10, 11:48
Rammstein, there's a wealth of information in the threads that are stuck at the top of this forum and the Technical forum....take some time to read through them and it should definitely help you out.

rammstein
08-11-10, 18:37
Ok well right now I have shot the colt 6920 and that shoots awsome and have shot the sa 58 which is like the old fn fal. I really like the firepower that the 308 has but I like the compact size of an AR. My dad has always said go with colt and you ll never have a problem with it. Bit I was reading about the piston type gas blow back on the barrett REC 7 and was woundering how its been working out. Just because barrett said is was easier to maintain and easier to clean.

kac
08-11-10, 19:00
Well, pistons do tend to run a bit cleaner, but both are rather easy to maintain. Now frankly, I really like the Barrett, like the company, love the quality that I've seen from them. However, it sounds like this is a first AR for you.

You're not even sure, apparently, whether to go 556 or 308. Would it be wiser to start with something a bit less expensive, get a ton of experience, then see where you want to move from there?

kac
08-11-10, 19:02
BTW, have you looked at this thread in particular?

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355