PDA

View Full Version : centurion hammer forged upper

zukiii
08-10-10, 22:55
i am interested in this particular upper (14.5in) and i was curious if anyone had any experience with them. also.. the website wasnt too detailed about the upper and i was curious if the upper came with a rail system installed. the picture that was available showed a complete rifle with a rail.

thanks...
rob

500grains
08-11-10, 00:11
I have a Centurion hammer forged upper on my list too. As I understand it, with the basic configuration you get a milspec A4 receiver, Centurion hammer forged barrel from M249 steel, Gas block pinned, Daniel Defense Lite quad rail, and A2 flash hider. There is an option on the website regarding the rail and as I understand that it means for $15 extra you get a longer version of the same DD rail. Also per an inquiry I sent to Centurion it was something like 100 or 120 dollars extra if you wanted to upgrade the milspec A4 receiver to a VLTOR upper receiver.

So I have a Centurion 16" CHF M249 bbl steel upper on my short shopping list. It will have the DD Lite rail, VLTOR upper receiver, pinned gas block, and a Vortex hider with the little carbide spikes on the end for breaking windows or scratching itches.

Just thinking about that upper makes me feel ashamed of some of the joke AR15s I have owned over the years.

grinch
08-11-10, 13:06
Zukiii,

Yup it comes as 500 grains says with DD quad rail. There is an option to add a complete BCG and charge handle that seems to have dropped from the page I'm getting my web guy on it now to get it back up. In 6-7 weeks there will be the option to have the upper built with my rail as well and this will bring the price down a bit.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45989

Thanks
Monty

zukiii
08-11-10, 15:11
monty

ive been communicating w/ you via email about the 14.5in hammer forged upper w/ the centurion rail and i am very excited. do i need to wait until the rail is released to place an order or go ahead and place the order and wait for it to ship when the rails become available?

thanks...
rob