PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Revolver kills Robber

randolph
08-11-10, 11:36
Looks like an exploding gun, eh. anyone have a better idea ?

Poetic justice (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24568380/detail.html)

:suicide:

jaxman7
08-11-10, 12:09
Wow! Stupid should hurt....bad. What kills me is the guy right beside him sitting there like all is well in the world. He had to know what was going on. People react to stressful situations in all kinds of ways. I guess he was thought if he acted normal he'll be fine.
This is the one time were a ND is a good thing.

SteyrAUG
08-11-10, 12:33
Best one I ever saw was camera footage of a guy robbing a jewelry store. Apparently the counter girl wasn't shoving money and jewelry in the bag fast enough so he pointed his revolver at her head and pulled the trigger.

The gun went "click."

Puzzled the robber looked down the barrel and pulled the trigger again.

:D

John_Wayne777
08-11-10, 15:34
Notice how the bald guy a couple of feet away was absolutely clueless as to what was going on.

Notice that an armed robber decided to try and kill a perfectly compliant victim.

This seems to be an extremely rare case of instant karma. Can't say I've ever heard of a robber taking a bullet in the brain because his gun blew up as he was trying to shoot his victim before.

kwelz
08-11-10, 16:47
I am not sure if he was trying to kill him or not. It appears he is grabbing up the money and had his finger on the trigger. Looks like he inadvertently shot. This could also explain the second shot. He wasn't expecting the shot, recoil pushed the gun up and shock caused him to pull the trigger again. Either way stupid hurts.

Skyyr
08-11-10, 16:56
I am not sure if he was trying to kill him or not. It appears he is grabbing up the money and had his finger on the trigger. Looks like he inadvertently shot. This could also explain the second shot. He wasn't expecting the shot, recoil pushed the gun up and shock caused him to pull the trigger again. Either way stupid hurts.

I was thinking something similar. Right as he reached for the cash, it went off. Whatever the reason, it's obvious he had no firearms experience.

ForTehNguyen
08-11-10, 17:18
it looked like a revolver, if two shots went off how did he bump fire it?

m4fun
08-11-10, 18:13
That is great - maybe second shot was his nervous system pulling the trigger/impulse.

variablebinary
08-11-10, 19:36
It's really hard to tell what happened.

Either way, justice is served.

John_Wayne777
08-11-10, 20:07
Looking at the video again and using my mouse finger far faster than the manufacturer intended, I can make out what I believe is the first shot in a frame where you can see the bad guy looking to his left and the money has begun to fly...either the bullet hasn't hit the clerk yet or he hasn't reacted to the hit yet.

After that all I can see is a lot of smoke and the bad guy going down without his hat. It's all a big blur beyond that. I can't see how he managed to shoot himself in the head. I mean, it's mighty considerate of him and all, but I can't figure out how he managed it.

RogerinTPA
08-11-10, 20:42
That is a hilarious and an awesome story! I Laughed my ass off!

500grains
08-12-10, 00:00
Notice that an armed robber decided to try and kill a perfectly compliant victim.

Very common. You are better off to run and count on his bad marksmanship than to comply and count on his good will.

ThirdWatcher
08-12-10, 01:56
I find it amazing how fast everyone moved after the first round went off. :D