PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22C and night sights???

Stik
06-26-07, 05:10
Anyone out there with any of the Glock compensated models that are running night sights. I picked up a 22C yesterday for a real good price and it has the factory sights on it and they have to go. I would prefer a set of night sights but am just worried about the gas ports and hot gas. I know from looking at it, the gasses should be directed towards the 10 and 2 o'clock positions in relations to the sights but just don't want to mess up and buy a set of Mepros or Triji's just to get the front sight cooked. I am mainly looking for someone with experience with a
19C/17C/23C/22C etc that has night sights and have shot enough to notice any issues.

Thanks in advance

R Moran
06-26-07, 09:01
Stik,
I used to be issued a G22c. It doesn't so much cook the sight, as much as it just makes it filthy, so you can't see the tritium, then your rear site is brighter and overpowers your front site.

When we would shoot to qual or for the DOE competition, some guys went as far as to keep a toothbrush on there gear to clean of the site between strings of fire.

Never felt much different then a standard G22, to me. Also, what facility was getting alot of keyholes from there C models, the armorers inspected the guns, and found rough edges on the ports, that were stripping jacket material from the bullet, causing the bullets to keyhole in the target.

HTH,
Bob

Stik
06-26-07, 11:00
Thanks man, I really wasn't intending on picking up a 22C, had been looking for a plain model 22 but it was one of those deals I couldn't pass up, even if I replaced the barrel with a non ported one. I shoot a Glock 35 in IPSC so I already had plenty of mags, etc and kind of wanted a "bed side gun" that took the same mags/caliber, etc. (As if the HK USP compact 40 w/TRL1 and Rem 870 wasn't enough by my bedside, LOL).