PDA

View Full Version : Pair of new lowers -- decisions, decisions

Icculus
08-13-10, 11:20
OK, let me start by saying that I realize this is a somewhat trivial question as when it comes to lower receivers (quality of lpk aside) as long as they are within spec a lower, is a lower, is a lower and your basically just picking the roll mark you like. That being said, I'm currently looking at buying two new lowers and I'm split down the middle 50/50 so figured I would get everyone’s opinion. The only real requirement is that they both come from the same reseller as I'll get a break on the ffl fee if both come in at the same time as opposed to doing two separate transfers from different sellers at different times.

Option 1:
From G&R get a stripped DD and a complete BCM

Option 2:
From Rainier get a stripped Noveske and complete LMT

I've dealt with both vendors and both are top notch so that's a wash

Comparing the stripped -- I currently have a DDM4 and really like the flared mag well that they offer plus the price is good. With the Noveske I realize I'd be paying a premium for name but I do like the aesthetics of the roll mark

Comparing the complete lowers -- I know they are both excellent quality and I would be well served with either. I guess my question is does one hold an edge (if only slightly) over the other in any way? Several years ago (had I been buying AR's then) it wouldn't have been a choice and LMT would have been the way to go (save finding a 6920 lower) but with exceptional BCM option now I'm just not sure LMT is the cat's meow it was before.

So if it were you what would you do? I don't think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer so figured I'd just see what the board's opinion was? In the end it may just come down to a coin flip :) Thanks everyone

ETA: In case it gets brought up; for the foreseeable future neither will be registered as an SBR so the factory registered BCM SBR lowers that Grant has doesn't factor in to the decision.

btwice
08-13-10, 11:27
LOL we are in the same boat (check out my post in the Custom section) I've always liked having matching parts, noveske upper, noveske lower. Currently have a noveske upper and lower build jussst about complete. You are right, his rollmark is outstanding...I can show you the receiver if you'd like.