PDA

View Full Version : Brief Daniel Defense and Noveske range report - no pics

500grains
08-13-10, 21:30
Today I went to the range with a friend. We both have new Noveske 14.5 N4 carbines with the M249 bbl steel bbls and the new Magpul MOE furniture. This was just to get Eotechs roughly sighted in while our kids shot .22s. As you would expect, everything went perfectly. I cannot comment on accuracy of the rifles as we were shooting 1x eotechs at 50 yds. Both of us are very happy we chose a Noveske.

I also took a Daniel Defense pencil barrel upper that G&R Tactical built for me. It is a 16 inch carbine gas with Magpul MOE furniture. The lower is a C3 billet lower with Daniel Defense parts kit. Optic was an Eotech. Brake was a Surefire that a fine gentlemen on this forum sold to me at a super price. I put the Surefire on this rifle because it is for my 9 year old son to use. I want the gun light, but of course I want to minimize recoil / muzzle rise so that he has a more successful shooting experience. This gun ran great and my son put a bunch of rounds through it and really likes it as it is a lot lighter than the other M4gery he was using. Also, I noticed that were was basically no muzzle rise with this brake. However, it barks pretty good, and it would probably be uncool to shoot it right next to your partner's head, such as when leaning across a front seat of a car, or whatever.

Based on today's shooting I have no criticism to offer about Noveske or Daniel Defense. The pencil barrel heated up more quickly than the Noveske barrel, but that is to be expected. I give a great big thumbs up to both products. The only change I want to make is to put Geissele triggers in when convenient.