PDA

View Full Version : Headspace gauges

number1olddog
08-13-10, 22:01
What are the best bang for the buck out there. Looking for a 5.56 and a 223 (both field gauges). I have used Clymers and there not so great in my opinion.

Robb Jensen
08-13-10, 22:18
Barrel makers need GO and NOGO gauges.

Really armorers really only need 5.56mm NATO FIELD gauges.
I use a USGI Field and a Colt FIELD II gauge for gauging barrels.

Robb Jensen
08-13-10, 22:19
Barrel makers need GO and NOGO gauges.

Really armorers only need 5.56mm NATO FIELD gauges.

jmart
08-13-10, 22:58
I would love to know the failure rate of new barrels for those that purchase HS guages.

markm
08-14-10, 11:00

The USGI field guage is so awesome. Iraqgunz gave me one. The ability to guage your weapone without taking the bolt apart is nice.

Robb Jensen
08-14-10, 11:25
The USGI field guage is so awesome. Iraqgunz gave me one. The ability to guage your weapone without taking the bolt apart is nice.

My commericial headspaced gauges I had all modified on a lathe thinning the extractor groove so that they too can be used more easily without having to pull the ejector and extractor. Drew at WAR Rifles did mine for me.

mike_556
08-14-10, 12:43

Anyone have a link to order one?

spamsammich
08-14-10, 13:30
Anyone have a link to order one?

if Bill Ricca has anymore, that's were a lot of us got them. Do a google search for Bill Ricca.

mike_556
08-14-10, 13:46
if Bill Ricca has anymore, that's were a lot of us got them. Do a google search for Bill Ricca.

Thanks just emailed him to see if he has any left.....not listed on the website :(

Blankwaffe
08-14-10, 16:06
Thanks just emailed him to see if he has any left.....not listed on the website :(

Look in the M16 items on this page:
http://www.billricca.com/collectors_corner.htm

Last time I talked(couple months or so) with him he was had quite a few,but was selling them like hot cakes.

mike_556
08-15-10, 11:51
Look in the M16 items on this page:
http://www.billricca.com/collectors_corner.htm

Last time I talked(couple months or so) with him he was had quite a few,but was selling them like hot cakes.

Got it--Thanks!