PDA

View Full Version : ARMS 71 polymer sights

sadmin
08-14-10, 08:07
Good Morning,

Does anyone have a set of the ARMS 71 poly buis and can snap an image of their profile compared to the MBUS? (and possibly a deployed head on image of the front compared to the front MBUS) I was looking at a pair for my 15-22.

Thanks for any info on them.

jjw
08-14-10, 10:36
go to mounting solutions + if any one will its him

tight with swan and sells a ton

good luck

gunnyscouts2
08-19-10, 12:42
I have a pair on order, should get them any day.

sadmin
08-19-10, 13:10
cool. I ordered a pair as well. There is a positive review over at WEVO on them. I will try to take some pictures of them next to the MBUS for anyone who is interested.

Miale
08-23-10, 13:54
i have a pair, very impressed and prefer them to troys (easier to deploy - better rear sight adjustment) and the mbus (appear more robust, not as cheap looking).

sadmin
08-23-10, 14:16
I received mine this weekend, I have not shot with them yet so I cant report on whether I received a pair from the faulty mold that was reported on WEVO.
The MBUS have a better deployment and locking system to me; but thats opinion. I do prefer the slimmer profile of the ARMS to the MBUS and the dials for adjustment and metal apertures are definitely an improvement.
I put them on my m&p 15-22, but ordered a pair for my SBR; I think they fill those roles quite well. When I placed the ARMS 40L on my mid-length rifle, I removed my RDS and just shot with the notch to get accustomed to it for a couple months and now im pretty fast with it. I recommend them.

As far as preferring them to Troys...Ill quote Vincent Vega, "thats a bold statement!" ;)

motorwerks
08-24-10, 03:27
I just bought a set this week too. They seem to be pretty cool so far. My only problem is that when you deploy the rear the front aperture wants to flip forward a little not a big deal really since I'm no gun fighter so whatever. If I would have seen this a couple hours ago I would have totally snapped some pictures but I am minutes form my computer updated and bed. Ill try and get some tomorrow. Also like everyone else I haven't had a chance to shoot with these yet so ill let ya know. These are going to be my only sight on this gun for a while so I hope they do ok. :D

ChocLab
09-26-11, 15:23
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/botach_2176_531561804

I noticed this one has a definitive notch like the CSAT sight.

Is there any validated reason for having that deep a notch? Just curious.

Instead of using hold overs at close range, some use the top of the sight?

motorwerks
09-26-11, 21:07
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/botach_2176_531561804

I noticed this one has a definitive notch like the CSAT sight.

Is there any validated reason for having that deep a notch? Just curious.

Instead of using hold overs at close range, some use the top of the sight?

Just like the CSAT, Use the notch for 7 yard zero. Use the small aperture for 100 yard zero.

PS Holy year old thread.