PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question - Magpul PRS

ZX672
08-14-10, 08:22
Have an older Noveske V-tac upper w/16" mid-length barrel. Currently have a H-buffer w/mil-spec tube. Rifle shoots great, but I would like to install a Magpul PRS stock which involves the installation of a A1 rifle extenstension/buffer. I shouldn't run into any problems running the A1 setup compared to the H buffer setup with the mid-lentgh gas system, correct?

Thanks in advance....

Peanut
08-14-10, 08:43
Have an older Noveske V-tac upper w/16" mid-length barrel. Currently have a H-buffer w/mil-spec tube. Rifle shoots great, but I would like to install a Magpul PRS stock which involves the installation of a A1 rifle extenstension/buffer. I shouldn't run into any problems running the A1 setup compared to the H buffer setup with the mid-lentgh gas system, correct?

Thanks in advance....

If I understand your question correctly, you want to go from a carbine extention tube to a rifle extention tube and use the carbine H buffer.

If this is the case, changing extention tubes is fine, but you will need to get a rifle buffer to replace the carbine H buffer.

ZX672
08-14-10, 08:51
I guess the coffee has not kicked in yet. To clarify, I will be replacing the carbine tube and H buffer with the A1 tube and rifle buffer.

ForTehNguyen
08-14-10, 09:03
shouldnt have any problems when you swap buffer/spring systems.