PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo or Meprolight night sights?

Omega Man
08-14-10, 18:49
I need to get some night sights put on a G19, and i am wondering if the Ameriglo are worth the extra $30, over the Mepro's? Which should i go with and why?
Thanks in advance.

Palmguy
08-14-10, 20:04
Ameriglo has far more options as far as styles go, they have excellent customer service. I'd go with one of the Pro/Pro Operator/Hackathorn configurations from Ameriglo. If you choose to have rear tritium, they don't overpower the front sight like the Meprolight sights I've seen do.

Kentucky Cop
08-14-10, 20:14
If you scroll thru the next 2 or 3 pages in the Handgun forum you will see a monster thread already going on this topic. I have the Hackthorns with a plain rear and like them.

Cheers, KC

tpd223
08-14-10, 23:39
If you are older than mid 20's then yes, big time. They give a far more workable sight picture.

If you are an eagle eye'd kid, then the Mepros are fine.

That being said, Meprolight has a one size fits all product line, Ameriglo has FAR more options available, very nice sights and great customer service.

SWATcop556
08-15-10, 04:37
Based on quality, options, and customer service my vote goes to Ameriglo.

I FUBAR'd a rear sight and it was completely my fault. I called them up and told them what I had managed to do and told them I needed to order a new rear sight. They sent me a new one at no cost to me. Can't beat that with a stick. I know where my money will go for future sight purchases.

I'm also a huge fan of the Warren Tactical sights as well.

Unforsakn
08-15-10, 13:03
+1 Ameriglo Operators Yellow Rear/Green Front

GIFFMANN
08-17-10, 11:38
I had some meprolights on the G17 but the front sight filled up way too much of the rear. Traded for Hackathorns and I can't imagine going with another sight combo for a Tritium Front.

If I was going to go without tritium, I'd go with DeFoor sights, though.

Notice, Ameriglo makes both of these combinations....

lebowski
08-17-10, 18:03
Very happy with my ameriglo pro operators on my G31.

I have the factory glock night sights (which I believe are meps) on my G26. I prefer the pro operators.

varoadking
08-17-10, 18:24
All my Glocks have Ameriglo front sights...

beau1911
08-17-10, 18:48
Excellent customer service, actually spoke to the owner once over the phone. All my Glocks wear the Operators and the Bowie Tacticals for my M&P .45

mosrogfor
08-18-10, 00:15
Just got a set of the Hack Ameriglo sights.

Ordered Sunday evening and got them today.

Just installed them on my 19, like the sight picture a lot.

They are replacing a set of XS Big-Dots, hopefully will get a chance to try them out this week. If not then this weekend for sure.

VolGrad
08-18-10, 07:58
Ameriglo FTW. I used to use Meps. They were great but I won't be leaving Ameriglo any time soon.

I have a G19 with the orange square ProGlo up front with green trit and yellow trit Pro Ops on the back.

I have a G19 with the orange circle ProGlo up front with green trit and a black serrated rear. Like this ...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd208/volgrad/Ameriglosetup.jpg

I have a spare set of Pro Op green trit front and plain, non-serrated black rear I am getting ready to put on a G26.

My absolute favorite though is the ProGlo with the square (can't get them now AFAIK) with the yellow rear. Like someone else said ... the Ameriglo Pro Op rear trit is very subdued and doesn't distract like the huge Mep rear dots.