PDA

View Full Version : '91 West German 226...will it accept SRT parts?

misanthropist
08-14-10, 19:08
Hey all...I recently picked up a KB-stamped 226 and was wondering about the possibility of fitting it with an SRT system.

It's the old stamped slide model, as most of you would probably know from the date and country anyway, I guess.

I'm not very knowledgeable about sigs, but I do find the reset a little long, and obviously the SRT would correct that.

I found an armourer semi-locally who has the parts and will do the install for me - he was a police armourer for a department which issued the 229 and figures he's worked on 4-5000 of them. But he wasn't sure if the stamped slides would take the SRT kit or not.

Any thoughts?

misanthropist
08-15-10, 23:07
Anyone? Is this a tough question or just a question so stupid that it's not worth answering?

Seraph
08-16-10, 00:24
Well, with the help of Google, I found this, in the sigsauer.com FAQ:

"The SRT will install in any DA/SA Classic Series Pistol (P220, P225, P226, P228, P229, and P239). The gun must be sent in to the factory for this service to ensure proper function. See our Custom Shop Services for details. "

ra2bach
08-16-10, 00:33
yes. I put the SRT in my West German P226.

I did it myself, it was really easy and makes a definite improvement over the previous trigger...

misanthropist
08-16-10, 00:36
Thanks very much guys, I did hunt with google and spent a couple of hours on sigforum but couldn't find the info I was after... Sure appreciate you filling me in.

eternal24k
08-16-10, 06:05
yep,
threw one in my '92 last night

mkmckinley
08-16-10, 20:03
I just did my P229 and it is pretty easy. I had a mag safety so you have to mod the mag safety peice but it's no bog deal. I just did a thread on here that shows how to run the SRT parts if you have a mag safety. OMB Police supply has the SRT parts at 15% off currently.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=734967#post734967

misanthropist
08-16-10, 20:11
I just did my P229 and it is pretty easy. I had a mag safety so you have to mod the mag safety peice but it's no bog deal. I just did a thread on here that shows how to run the SRT parts if you have a mag safety. OMB Police supply has the SRT parts at 15% off currently.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=734967#post734967
excellent, thank you very much.

misanthropist
08-19-10, 11:37
For you guys who have done it, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in commenting on this:

The SRT were designed to work with the new style pistols....that includes the new FP block and the new style trigger bar spring. The older pistols have a completely different FP block; size, shape, spring and weight. You might also have to change the trigger bar spring to the new style....and that means you also have to change the right grip panel to accommodate the new spring.

That is the information I got from the smith I was intending to send my Sig to...he is not interested in doing the job which is fine, of course. But I was surprised by his reluctance just because from people here I got the impression it was a pretty straightforward job.

Anyway, I can still buy the parts and give it a shot myself. But after the reply I got I was just curious if anyone had any detail they'd be interested in adding to the description of the job.