PDA

View Full Version : Colt Upgrade Trigger Kit - SPK94774

Nic
08-15-10, 01:18
Hello all,
As I was helping a friend clean out his garage I found an unopened, still sealed in pack Colt Upgrade Trigger Kit. It says on the package - "For Colt Sporters, Match Targets .223 Caliber". The hammer, trigger, and pins are all either stainless or nickel plated, and the hammer spring is blue. Model number is SPK94774. My buddy said to hang onto it, and to go ahead and ask around for some info on it, since he doesn't own any ARs and I do. He said if I have a use for it I can keep it and if not just to see if anyone else is interested in it. I called Colt and they couldn't really help me out with my questions, of which I have a few:

- I imagine that this kit probably will only fit Colt lowers with the large hammer/trigger pins. I haven't opened it up to measure, but the pins looks just *slightly* larger than the ones I'm used to. Am I correct in this assumption?

- This trigger kit seems to include everything but a disconnector. Was the idea that you'd drop the kit in and use your old disconnector?

- How much would this kit be worth nowadays? Is it more a Colt collector thing?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

-Nic

khc3
08-15-10, 03:01
Yeah, they're for Colt big hole lowers. I don't know if colt is now making comp trigger kits for small hole lowers now that they're making small hole semi auto lowers, but even if so, I doubt yours would be one.

Yes, use your existing disconnector, the parts are teflon coated, IIRC.

I think the kits used to cost around $80. I have one, it's a decent single stage trigger. Haven't used it too much though.

Nic
08-15-10, 10:28
Thanks for the info, khc. There is an old price tag on the thing that says $95, so I figured they were probably worth around that much.

Question is... what to do with it? Being in CA, practically all Colt lowers are verboten, so maybe I should just sell the thing?

markm
08-15-10, 14:03
Sell it in the equipment sales forum here.

bkb0000
08-15-10, 14:06
colt is now excluded, but ANY colt you find in CA will, in fact, be a big hole lower... for what its worth.