PDA

View Full Version : Warren/Heinie sights for Sig P229?

Entropy
08-15-10, 09:29
After looking around a bit, it's getting to be a real PITA to find two-dot over and under night sights for a Sig P229. This would be for duty use, and the only 2-dot that I've found is Heinie. I've been really interested in Warren Tactical's sights and I like the more visible front sight, but alas they do not make them for Sigs as this time. Right now I'm using Trijicon 3-dots and the white around the front sight is falling out.

Anybody know of any other possibilities?.......or do you guys think I should just get a set of Heinies. Unfortunately, even Ameriglo doesn't over the Hackathorn front sight in the P229 which uses a #6 front sight height. Thanks.

Seraph
08-15-10, 11:18
Was there something about the Heinie's you didn't like?

Entropy
08-15-10, 14:28
Nothing wrong with the Heinies. I was just looking for something with a more visible front sight, and and more opened up "U" shaped rear sight.

Seraph
08-15-10, 17:06
Nothing wrong with the Heinies. I was just looking for something with a more visible front sight, and and more opened up "U" shaped rear sight.

That's understandable. A lot of people say they want more daylight-visible dots on the Heinies. As for a U-notch, I've actually talked to Heinie about it before, and they weren't too interested, even if I ordered 100 at a time. However, I find I like their .140" notch pretty well. For a more daylight-visible dot, I've been using gold beads and stainless beads, in a serrated ramp front (I like black rear sight, and a dot in front). Of course, I give up the extreme low light visibility of tritium that way. There's always something. :cray:

If you don't like the XS Big Dot type sights, the Truglo TFO's might do it - they have both fiber optic inserts and tritium vials, and even have a pretty wide rear notch, but still not a U-notch.

ilsrwy27
08-17-10, 00:13
For some guns Heinie sells the rear sight alone but I don't think it's the case for the Sig.

I would get a Heinie Tritium set and combine the rear in .140" wide with a Dawson Precision Tritium front in .125".
The Heinie rear looks totally black during daytime while the Dawson has a white ring around the tritium veil (Trijicon style).
They make a great sight picture and the front is easy to pick. Sell the spare Heinie front on the Sig forum.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000BF2-1269555081