PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire training timer issues.

GhostB14
08-15-10, 13:05
Hello all,
I have been trying to run some drills with my M&P .22, but my PACT Club Timer III has problems picking up the shots. Is this normal for this timer? Any suggestions? I find it only works well when the timer is ~2' in front of the muzzle, and/or ~2' to the sides. I don't find this to work well for obvious reasons. One of my favorite drills is the Mod Navy Qaul and its getting frustrating that I can't time/score the drill. I have messed with the sensitivity screw to no avail. The start beep begins tripping the timer before an optimum setting is reached.

Thank You
Patrick Scott

bkb0000
08-15-10, 13:17
have you tried new batteries?

GhostB14
08-15-10, 13:29
have you tried new batteries?

Yes, first thing I did. It has acted like this(with rimfire) since I go it new about 3 months ago. Its only been to the range a dozen times and has been treated well. Works perfect with CF stuff.

MarshallDodge
08-15-10, 16:14
Does the PACT have a sensitivity adjustment?

orionz06
08-16-10, 11:18
There is a sensitivity adjustment behind the battery.

GhostB14
08-16-10, 13:13
As I stated in the first post, using the screw did not help. Even turned down until the point of the start beep setting off the timer.

Thank you

orionz06
08-16-10, 13:25
As I stated in the first post, using the screw did not help. Even turned down until the point of the start beep setting off the timer.

Thank you

my bad, I missed that part. Mine functions fine with .22 mounted on my pocket.

GhostB14
08-16-10, 13:28
If you don't mind me asking, handgun or rifle?

orionz06
08-16-10, 13:29
16" TacSol upper. I actually had turned it down prior to doing so as the beep was setting off the timer.

GhostB14
08-16-10, 13:33
Thank you, I guess I'll drop PACT a line an see what they say.

gringop
08-17-10, 17:29
Hello all,
The start beep begins tripping the timer before an optimum setting is reached.
Thank You
Patrick Scott

I'm not sure how long the Pact beep is but you can still use it with the beep registering as shots on the timer.

When I used to set my old CED6000 to pick up my dry fire times, it would register 6 or 7 shots from the buzzer but would still pick up the hammer falls from my dry fire. It was easy to differentiate them. The buzzer shots were all .25 or less from the start.

Gringop

GhostB14
08-17-10, 18:39
I'm not sure how long the Pact beep is but you can still use it with the beep registering as shots on the timer.

When I used to set my old CED6000 to pick up my dry fire times, it would register 6 or 7 shots from the buzzer but would still pick up the hammer falls from my dry fire. It was easy to differentiate them. The buzzer shots were all .25 or less from the start.

Gringop

Good idea, but it seems that when the beep trips it I end up with strange readings across the board. I did a little modding last night. I put a resistor in the speaker/beeper circuit to tone down the beep thus giving me the ability to make the timer a bit more sensitive. I should have just sent it to PACT, but I love to tinker. We'll see what happens next time I get to shoot.

Thanks again everyone!