PDA

View Full Version : BDS Tacitical CQB Single point Sling

OutlawtotheEnd
08-15-10, 19:57
http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-cqb-single-point-sling.cfm

Does anyone have any experience with this sling?

What do you think of bungee retention slings in general?

Do you prefer 2 point slings for hands free operation?

Unforsakn
08-15-10, 20:49
Negative

I'm rocking a blackhawk tactical S.T.R.I.K.E. sling

BooneGA
08-15-10, 23:53
BDS is shit gear. Stay away.

For hands free you need a two point. The BFG or VTAC two point adjustable slings are what I have found to be the best. I have used a padded VCAS for the past 11 months here in Afghanistan as an EOD tech and never had a problem with my rifle getting in the way of my job.

Rick

Paraclete comes
08-15-10, 23:54
Used it and abused it over a CQB and urban course. Not impressed for the money. I do not think the bungee is really practical, at least for my use. I have found the bungee just ends up wearing out and than all it is an over priced single point loop sling. I would rather use a single to two point convertible sling. Similar to what the wilderness makes but not as stiff as that resin coated webbing trash. But I will say BDS stuff is well made and I think they are nice guys in general. Just do not like that style of sling.

KellyTTE
08-16-10, 00:58
http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-cqb-single-point-sling.cfm

Does anyone have any experience with this sling?

Do you prefer 2 point slings for hands free operation?

I had one of BDS' single point. Sucked horribly. If you have to run a single point, I'd say the SpecOps Brand LoneStar, but personally I run on of their Patrol Slings (2pt).

OutlawtotheEnd
08-16-10, 09:40
Alright, what I've gotten out of this seems to be that single point is shit for hands free use which it's usually touted for, the bungee material wears out and becomes crap, and BDS is a over priced brand. Keep the critiques coming, if you will. I'll look into the slings that were recommended

Edit: http://www.buffertech.com/Ambidextrous-Single-Point-Sling-Adapter-ASSA-P24.aspx Is this Ambi Sling Attachment Plate worth getting?

Paraclete comes
08-17-10, 01:45
That sling mount looks good for the money. I would not pick something like that for myself but it looks legit for fourteen bucks. I like something a bit more low profile like the one GG&G makes.

In regard to single point slings. They are not in any way shape or form to be hands free use. They are not FOB slings, or working party slings, or EOD slings, or anything of that nature. A single point sling is for quick transitions to the side arm or more importantly when rolling onto doorways. If you do not need it for one of those very specific operations I would not bother. I think they just got a bit more popular because "operators" use them. Maybe I am wrong about this one, but I do not think so. So again very specific use and a good tool for the tool box. But I prefer a convertible sling, it works as a great two point and one point.

nickdrak
08-17-10, 03:54
After well over a year of use on my daily carry patrol rifle, I still feel the MagPul MS2 & MagPul ASAP combo is the best single point sling design out there. Single points rule for runnin' & gunnin' and quick adjust two point slings rule for going "hands-on": handcuffing, climbing over/thru obstacles/ladders, etc. Each design has it's benefits and it's limitations.

The MagPul combo offers the best of both worlds.

Failure2Stop
08-17-10, 05:08
A properly adjusted and sensibly mounted modern 2-point (VTAC, VCAS) will do everything a single-point will do except smacking your shins and choad after a transition. Bungee single-points are terrible for real world use in comparison.

Modern 2-point:
Smooth and controlled transition to side-arm? Check.
Shoulder transitions? Check.
Retention during hands-free? Check.

BooneGA
08-17-10, 08:03
I have yet to see more than one or two "operators" using single point slings. Most, as previously stated, use two point adjustable ones.

BDS gear is shit. Especially if you are talking about elastic wearing out over even a month or two. There are 5-6 guys using Orignal SOE gear bungee slings for the past 11 months downrange and not a single one of them has even started to give way. If you are absolutely set on a single point there are much better options.

I will say it again, a VTAC or BFG adjustable sling is the best choice for 99% of people. They do everything a single and three point sling can do without any any of the drawbacks.

Rick

Paraclete comes
08-17-10, 22:11
After well over a year of use on my daily carry patrol rifle, I still feel the MagPul MS2 & MagPul ASAP combo is the best single point sling design out there. Single points rule for runnin' & gunnin' and quick adjust two point slings rule for going "hands-on": handcuffing, climbing over/thru obstacles/ladders, etc. Each design has it's benefits and it's limitations.

The MagPul combo offers the best of both worlds.

Could not agree more as far as use and magpul does make real nice gear, if sometimes over priced.

Paraclete comes
08-17-10, 22:13
Rick I would have to agree for the most part the only guys I know that run singles a lot are entry teams or boarding teams. The scope of their mission is so narrow.

I have yet to see more than one or two "operators" using single point slings. Most, as previously stated, use two point adjustable ones.

BDS gear is shit. Especially if you are talking about elastic wearing out over even a month or two. There are 5-6 guys using Orignal SOE gear bungee slings for the past 11 months downrange and not a single one of them has even started to give way. If you are absolutely set on a single point there are much better options.

I will say it again, a VTAC or BFG adjustable sling is the best choice for 99% of people. They do everything a single and three point sling can do without any any of the drawbacks.

Rick

Paraclete comes
08-17-10, 22:15
I guess the moderators here love to edit your posts if they do not agree, you guys "gotta be kidding" me. :lol:

Failure2Stop
08-17-10, 22:20
I guess the moderators here love to edit your posts if they do not agree, you guys "gotta be kidding" me. :lol:

Feel free to repost what I edited out and we can discuss it.
If there are further questions, feel free to PM me or a Staff Moderator.