PDA

View Full Version : Stag M8 Owners

Unforsakn
08-15-10, 21:13
Question

Is the POF Roller Cam needed? or will it function perfectly without it?

I know it's only $20, but I was just wondering

Thanks

Unforsakn
08-16-10, 17:11
wow, no stag owners out there?

i remember a topic similar to this but i couldn't find it in the search.

tampam4
08-16-10, 17:43
I have a stag, but I'm not sure why you believe you need a roller cam pin? What have you heard that leads you to believe you need one?

Unforsakn
08-16-10, 20:27
there was a thread awhile back where the guy said it was wearing funny and another guy said the POF roller cam pin would fix it.. thats why.. ty for your imput.. i'll hold off on it for now

Thomas M-4
08-16-10, 21:03
there was a thread awhile back where the guy said it was wearing funny and another guy said the POF roller cam pin would fix it.. thats why.. ty for your imput.. i'll hold off on it for now

The wear pattern from the cam pin is normal. It is however advisable to change your cam pin out at regular intervals for good PM.

tampam4
08-16-10, 21:05
what t-M4 said is true. Cam pin wear happens, just like any wear. I have heard from others that tried the roller pin that it may decrease wear somewhat, as well as provide smoother cycling, but to what degree I don't know. personally, I don't think you are any worse off, having just the regular cam pin.

Unforsakn
08-16-10, 23:53
Ty for your imput fellas.. im going to be new into the piston gun, so i could use all the help i can get