PDA

View Full Version : Former US Marine killed by British kickboxer in Asia

Joe Mamma
08-16-10, 14:14
I wonder what really happened story is.

Link to the full story: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/15/american-tourist-murdered-thailand

Joe Mamma

JSantoro
08-16-10, 15:45
You're gonna want to edit out the text of the article and leave just the link and your commentary. Thar be lawsuits...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=59678

TOrrock
08-16-10, 16:10
Fixed.

SteyrAUG
08-16-10, 17:01
Umpossible.

Everyone knows that crap doesn't work. Only BJJ is capable of hurting anyone.

RogerinTPA
08-16-10, 17:30
Heard that on Fox today. Apparently the Brit is a Muay Thai practitioner who's modes operandi is to go to that bar and pick fights to prove his bad assness. The young Marine was also studying Muay Thai, knocked the guy on his ass, then the Brit went and purchased a couple of fruit knives, followed the Marine and his girl back to their hotel, where he killed the Marine in front of his girl friend.

Failure2Stop
08-16-10, 17:55
Fair winds and following seas brother.
'Till we meet in Valhalla.
Semper Fi.

Heavy Metal
08-16-10, 18:14
Umpossible.

Everyone knows that crap doesn't work. Only BJJ is capable of hurting anyone.

Twas a knife that was the killing implement.

As to what you can post and not draw the wrath of the legal dept:

My understanding is linking is ok and a small paragraph of teaser material is ok but you cannot post a copyrighted article in it's entirety.

The owners want you to go to their website to finish the article so their click count goes up and their ad revenues along with it. If you post the article in it's entirety, there is no incentive to visit the originating site.

Joe Mamma
08-16-10, 20:30
Fixed.

Thanks Templar. I thought I was OK since I didn't post the text of the entire article. But, I'll make sure I stay in line in the future.

Joe Mamma

500grains
08-16-10, 21:08
from the article

But the American overpowered [the Brit] and apparently humiliated him, Anukul said. Onlookers broke up the fight, but the Briton allegedly followed the couple back to their hotel [with a knife] where Longfellow dropped off his girlfriend and went to a convenience store.

GermanSynergy
08-16-10, 21:57
Short of eating a shiv in a Thai prison, this Brit expat deserves the old Midnight Express prison experience, or worse...... :mad::mad:

RIP Brave Marine.....

Heard that on Fox today. Apparently the Brit is a Muay Thai practitioner who's modes operandi is to go to that bar and pick fights to prove his bad assness. The young Marine was also studying Muay Thai, knocked the guy on his ass, then the Brit went and purchased a couple of fruit knives, followed the Marine and his girl back to their hotel, where he killed the Marine in front of his girl friend.

variablebinary
08-17-10, 05:49
Sad.

That Brit has interesting times in his future if he goes to a Thai prison

Fyrhazzrd
08-17-10, 13:27
You're gonna want to edit out the text of the article and leave just the link and your commentary. Thar be lawsuits...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=59678

You know I'm not really understanding the whole lawsuits thing. If you include a link along with the quote; your not plagiarizing. Now if you just copy and paste without giving any credit to the original Author of the text, then yes I could see a lawsuit. Including a link would be the equivalent of adding a footnote in a book.

ForTehNguyen
08-17-10, 13:42
You know I'm not really understanding the whole lawsuits thing. If you include a link along with the quote; your not plagiarizing. Now if you just copy and paste without giving any credit to the original Author of the text, then yes I could see a lawsuit. Including a link would be the equivalent of adding a footnote in a book.

read up what happened with the Armed Citizens website, it was a load of crap

JSantoro
08-17-10, 14:18

[thread drift]Look at it from this angle: if somebody is reading the text and not hitting the link, they're not hitting the site, not seeing advertisers or not subscribing, or whatever, site loses money. How to try and stop that loss? Put on your brig-lawyer hat and sue everybody. Totally spitballing, but this country spawns stupider litigation than even that, so who knows...?

Of course it's situational, speculative BS, and I think that a cited source is a cited source period-end-of-story, too.[/thread drift]

I'm not sure which I feel is worse; the proliferation of "black-belt factories" is the martial arts training industry or how many more adrenaline-junkie egomaniacs there seem to be in the schools.

Would that they would stick to simply applying way too much hair gel, wearing Amish beards and gender-nonspecific, damask-patterned T-shirts, instead of being so wrapped up in it that they have to stab people for simplly being more skilled or just lucky that day.

Fyrhazzrd
08-17-10, 14:21
read up what happened with the Armed Citizens website, it was a load of crap

It looks like they aren't legal lawsuits. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

http://mediamatters.org/strupp/201005070024

edit: sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

SteyrAUG
08-17-10, 15:33
Sad.

That Brit has interesting times in his future if he goes to a Thai prison

Sounds like justice to me.

BrianS
08-17-10, 18:06
Sounds like justice to me.

Given that both of the people were thai boxing fans I believe sentencing the murderer to death by leg kicks would be appropriate.