PDA

View Full Version : Advocare products

white spaniard
08-16-10, 16:49
I started doing crossfit about a month ago and asked a coach what kind of supplements he recommended and one of other members told me I should take advocare products. What I am looking for is multi-vitamins and a meal replacement shake. Has anyone used or know of their products are good?

WillBrink
08-16-10, 18:51
I started doing crossfit about a month ago and asked a coach what kind of supplements he recommended and one of other members told me I should take advocare products. What I am looking for is multi-vitamins and a meal replacement shake. Has anyone used or know of their products are good?

It's a multi level marketing (MLM) company which, like many MLM, has had various lawsuits, etc.

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/torts-business-torts/12938640-1.html

MLM, due to the business model that it is, produces products that are simply over priced for what they are, to total scams.

I have no faith in MLM and avoid it as a rule.

Derek_Connor
08-16-10, 22:05

Save your money for whole, high quality food.

If you want to start experimenting with supplements, I'd start with vitamin d, magnesium, and fish oil (EPA/DHA). Something that 3/4 out of are probably deficient in.